falling in love with a stranger

noonecares86

I didn't really want to make a post about this but i wanted to see what your advice would be. I saw a guy 13 years ago at an amusement park when i was 16, i never before seen a guy like him before. I was attracted right away and i feel like we connected,we saw each other at the same and kept staring at each other on the line which we were on for a long time. I remember looking into his eyes and it was an amazing thing i never felt before. He came up for near me at one point and he looked right at me,my mom told me to talk to him but i couldn't do it i don't know what i was thinking. I think i believed back then i would run into him again and we would talk and that he was my soulmate. I never saw him again that day still i believed i would run into him again. I was so infatuated with him i actually sent a email to the park asking if i could have info on the guests, they must of thought i was nuts and never answered me. I then started searching through online yearbooks to try to find him i know i'm crazy. I did know he was british and so i wrote to a UK newspaper to see if they could do a ad or something and the lady responded to me telling me i could find someone in america nearby i was sad. I still to this day think of him i don't know why i know now i'll never see him again and there are no such things as soulmates. I have see a lot of cute strangers all the years but none of them were the same as i him it seems we had a connection. I have never since then see anyone better. I think about the missed opportunity, and it hurts i tell myself it was a long time ago but still i cannot stop thinking of him. I think one of the reasons i think of him is because he reminds me of when i was happy and didn't have anxiety i was able to go out and enjoy myself, i felt like the world was not against me. I wonder if i'll ever forget him or find someone better. What should i do? Why do i still think of him?

EvilFlyingCow

Why do i still think of him?

This was 13 years ago. How many times in those 13 years have you made eye contact with other men?

You still think of him because you don't have many experiences to compare this to. If you went out in public more regularly, to the amusement park for instance, you would have similar experiences so it wouldn't seem as special to you. You can't go expecting these things, though. They just happen. When you least expect it.

That's certainly a tough one.
I believe Mother Nature was being quite cruel when she made humans be able to see another and immediately be flushed with fireworks-like-chemistry for them, just by their looks alone.

Sadly the chances of you ever being able to find this guy would be akin to winning the lottery, after so much time has past.

He could have been married, with children. He may have already had a girlfriend, or he may have been a convicted criminal! You have no idea what he was really like as a person. So it is not really a missed opportunity to have been happy with him.

Your mind associates a happy time in your life with the memory of his face.
Usually there is more than one instance in a person's life were they come across someone that sets off their inner chemistry, so there will most likely be more chances in the future that the sight of another man will. Whether you are able to do anything with future chemical attractions is up to you. :)

noonecares86

Thank you so much for your reply it was a very nice response. I hope i find someone like that again like you said you meet more than one person who makes you feel like this

Megaten

Yeah like Bluedays said, the fact that no words were exchanged probably made the fantasy and romance more powerful. Ive found that some people Ive felt immediately drawn to, but then the more I learned about them the less and less I liked them >.<

noonecares86

True with other guys i've liked when i got to know more about them i realized i wouldn't want to be with them. It sucks though maybe i would never have been with him but it would have been nice to know his name or that i at least tried.