Fed up

recluse

I hate having this avoidant personality disorder. I feel like i have missed out on having an enjoyable life. I'm virtually a recluse apart from the fact that i work full time, other than that i avoid any kind of social interaction; I even feel uncomfortable in the company of my parents, sister and grandmother for gods sake!

My avoidant disorder hits the hardest on the weekend when i don't go to work, and i think that i am the only one who actually dreads it because i know i'll just spend my weekend on my own in the house, o'r alone driving my car. On Sundays i feel really depressed and dissapointed because i feel i have wasted another weekend, and i have to be back in work without a story to tell to anyone.

A girl from Poland i have been emailing for two years has been asking when i am going to visit her, and i am definately considering taking a flight there sometime in the new year but i'm so worried that she's going to be dissapointed when she meets the real me.

Yeah this disorder is shit!

silentbutdeadly

recluse said:
I even feel uncomfortable in the company of my parents, sister and grandmother for gods sake!
I actually feel the same way around my family... They're just like everyone else, in a way. They don't seem to understand me at all.

recluse said:
A girl from Poland i have been emailing for two years has been asking when i am going to visit her, and i am definately considering taking a flight there sometime in the new year but i'm so worried that she's going to be dissapointed when she meets the real me.
I think you're looking at it all wrong. See it this way: the real you is the personality that you've revealed to her in your writing, the person inside, the person she likes. Your physical, avoidant part is your outer shell which is keeping the true YOU from getting out. She can't be disappointed when she sees the real you, because she's already seen him.

Infected_Malignity

I feel your pain, man. Shit's not easy to get over.

Here's a weird idea. Next sunday, head to the nearest church. Before you give it a second thought. Weather you're religious or not, just get in on it for a day. Think about it. It's a good, safe place to meet new people and know that you've at least done something different with your time on the weekend. Shake a few hands, introduce yourself, get a little uncomfortable. Maybe you'll meet a few cool people your age.

I did this one time when I moved about 1,000 miles away. I didn't know anyone, so I gave it shot. That's how I ended up meeting a ton of new people, so and so introduced me to so and so, and so on and so forth (say that 5 times fast).

recluse

Infected_Malignity said:

Here's a weird idea. Next sunday, head to the nearest church. Before you give it a second thought. Weather you're religious or not, just get in on it for a day. Think about it. It's a good, safe place to meet new people and know that you've at least done something different with your time on the weekend. Shake a few hands, introduce yourself, get a little uncomfortable. Maybe you'll meet a few cool people your age.

I did this one time when I moved about 1,000 miles away. I didn't know anyone, so I gave it shot. That's how I ended up meeting a ton of new people, so and so introduced me to so and so, and so on and so forth (say that 5 times fast).

Thanks for the advice but i am not a religious person.

Vancouver

recluse said:
Infected_Malignity said:

Thanks for the advice but i am not a religious person.

Dude, I'm into satanism. You want to talk about forcing yourself to do something you don't want to? I actually went into a christian church, put on a good face and started meeting people in my town because I had no social life and had just moved there. It worked, too.

Trust me... satanism and christianity clash, but if I did it so can you ;)

[and sorry, i'm infected malignity in case you didn't know. damn posting limits...]

steviegerrard489

recluse said:
I hate having this avoidant personality disorder. I feel like i have missed out on having an enjoyable life. I'm virtually a recluse apart from the fact that i work full time, other than that i avoid any kind of social interaction; I even feel uncomfortable in the company of my parents, sister and grandmother for gods sake!

My avoidant disorder hits the hardest on the weekend when i don't go to work, and i think that i am the only one who actually dreads it because i know i'll just spend my weekend on my own in the house, o'r alone driving my car. On Sundays i feel really depressed and dissapointed because i feel i have wasted another weekend, and i have to be back in work without a story to tell to anyone.

Tell me about it! My weekends are just the same. I get up Saturday, put my washer on before heading to the gym....finish there after lunch, do some shopping....head home, listen to the football scores....go on the internet....the evening arrives...boring strictly come dancing on the tv.....cook some dinner.....drive to the supermarket to get some things for the week...get back, watch a downloaded film....tune in for Match of The Day...more internet...go to bed..

..wake up the next morning, get my gym stuff ready.....

There's got to be more to life than that sh*t week in, week out! Some weekends I can get away with speaking to almost no one!

recluse

steviegerrard489 said:
recluse said:

Tell me about it! My weekends are just the same. I get up Saturday, put my washer on before heading to the gym....finish there after lunch, do some shopping....head home, listen to the football scores....go on the internet....the evening arrives...boring strictly come dancing on the tv.....cook some dinner.....drive to the supermarket to get some things for the week...get back, watch a downloaded film....tune in for Match of The Day...more internet...go to bed..

..wake up the next morning, get my gym stuff ready.....

There's got to be more to life than that sh*t week in, week out! Some weekends I can get away with speaking to almost no one!

I'm not bored enough to watch strictly come dancing :lol: