Feeling i get when i'm alone.

FlashGit

I'm a total recluse, i barely ever leave my house, i almost never have friends over. Im perfectly happy being alone, i prefer not being around people, people scare me, so its surprising that when i stay up too late i get very depressed and almost suicidal. I usually go to bed around 4:30 AM, the feeling usuallly kicks in if i stay up past 6:00, and my chest feels empty and all my veins go ice cold. Im useless when im like this and i usually just lay down and stare at the ceiling, barely ever blinking. Is this normal? Do i have some sort ov health problem? What can i do to make this stop?

lyricalliaisons

It sounds like severe depression. It doesn't sound to me like a physical problem. Depression can manifest itself in physical ways.

Duzmiu

im currently in the same position all tho im not scared of people i just dont trust them.
as lyricalliaisons said its severe depression, based on how my problem is very similar to yours i would go to a doctor if you havent already, they will most likely give you some meds and ask if you want to go to a therapist.

you stay up so late because you dont do anything so you have to much energy at the end of the day, when you lay there staring at the ceiling do you think about things youve done and how you could of changed them, what you wished you could of done and what the future holds for you??
that is what i always run through my head. i try to fall asleep to music as it keeps me distracted so im thinking less...try doing that it might help with the sleep if not force yourself to stay awake for about 40 hours then you will sleep like a baby

FlashGit

I do usually think about stuff like that, and all kinds ov other things. I havent seen a doctor because i dont want my family to know, id never hear the end ov it.

Chess

I sometimes get a similar sensation. I chalk it up more to feeling like I'm in a bubble cut off from everything; like while I don't need much company I do need to feel like what I do exists and matters outside of my little sphere of existence.

If you can introspect and decide on some potential causes for these feelings, that would be a start. Sometimes there are factors in depression that you can't beat by thinking them over or making adjustments (like physical ones), though, which is where a professional would be the one with solutions.

/) Cool avatar.

I feel the same way sometimes, except I'm not happy when I'm alone, the depression usually happens when I've been a lone for awhile.

angelcat

I am pretty much a recluse all day until my boyfriend gets home from work. But sometimes I indulge in being alone for days when my boyfriend is gone. I cant stand being around most people, I feel like they are invading my space. Lack of human contact will cause depression after a while. I usually feel better when I force myself to be social. I chose how much interaction I want. Like I am volunteering at the Humane society and I am around animals more than people.

scaredy_fox

You might just have problems falling asleep I guess. Since you are not doing anything that much your body doesn't get tired. I suggest you do some kind of physical activity every day. Maybe go to a nearby park and do some jogging. It will make you feel like you achieved something that you can be proud of afterwards.
I previously had the same problem and couldn't fall asleep until very late because I've always pondered about how my life sucks when I went to bed. So I decided to make a change in my life and join a gym. My sleeping pattern is way better ever since then. I go to sleep every day at 12 am.

x Will x

/) Cool avatar.

I feel the same way sometimes, except I'm not happy when I'm alone, the depression usually happens when I've been a lone for awhile.

Same for me^

I find that listening to calming music before bed helps me sleep when im worrying about allot of things.