Fight Club has messed me up

Anonymous

Well well well this is probably the weirdest post anyone has ever done. And I feel silly. But thats ok i guess.

Has anyone seen Fight Club? You know with the insomniac man? Well i saw it right? and then i was so screwed. i have social anxiety and need help. but after i saw this movie i just would like stay up really late lol and be all creppy. i know i know i'm a dork face.

but i'm also creeped out how much when i see or read something powerful i change and act and think like the character. its like i don't know who i am so i act like other people. does anyone do this? i mean especially since we're so shy and hate ourselves a lot. at least i do. you may not.

even though it messed me temporarily up its probably the best movie i've seen ever. ooo i'm sorry if this post was too random. sorry. i just had to get that out. :D

Anonymous

hiya,

I havent seen the movie but I completly understand what you are saying. You find someone who you respect and begin to follow their ways. I suppose this helps to hide ourselves and to deal with our desires of being more confident. Its a distraction from who we really are. Also if the other person is well respected, maybe we feel like we wont be judged as much and more accepted.

Crimefish

I saw Fight Club a few times... it's one of my favourite movies. Although I gotta say I think I'm more like Marla Singer than Tyler Durden.
Films are a great form of escapeism, especially for people like us who sometimes want to forget all about our lives.
Powerful movies like this always change the way I think... for the better, I hope.