finding a job

Jozee79

Hi i'm new to this forum and I'm so glad I found it. I've always felt alone with HH and didnt know so many people suffered with it. In around 6 months i'll be made redundand and was just wondering if anyone has an "ideal career"... are there any work environments that you've found to reduce your symptoms?
Thanks in advance
Jo x

beckiboo

Jozee79 said:
Hi i'm new to this forum and I'm so glad I found it. I've always felt alone with HH and didnt know so many people suffered with it. In around 6 months i'll be made redundand and was just wondering if anyone has an "ideal career"... are there any work environments that you've found to reduce your symptoms?
Thanks in advance
Jo x

hey! and welcome, I probably work in the worst environment for HH, a busy restaurant with a hot kitchen! but its kind of ok because I dont have to shake hands with anyone and I can be constantly moving around so no-one notices..i'd say the best job for HH would be working with water i.e a lifeguard or something! :D

wibbze2

I too am about to be made redundant - I guess we are the first of many ay?

I've got a pretty good car so I'm thinking of getting it licenced as a mini-cab - nice thing about driving for a living is that you are completely in control of your workspace - you can listen to whatever music you want, but more importantly, you can have the air-con permanently switched to the coldest setting!

Jozee79

driving job sounds good to me... i like being out on the road. I've been looking into pet ambulance driving but i'm not sure i'd like to be self employed. Maybe I'll apply to the local animal rescue centres, I'm sure the dogs wont mind my HH :)

Theo55

Dont be put off from a job just because of the HH . I used to sweat alot on my hand but it still got me a job in Marketing where I had to shake countless people's hand every week. To be honest , I dont give a damn in what they think of my sweaty hands (most of them got damp hands anyway) . I am there to do a job and make money for my company and for myself . I am there to earn a living and a problem like HH that aint going to hold me back .

Although HH did cause me my dream job a few years back because I was mentally weak when I was younger and think too much of what other people think of my sweaty hands (I was so silly ) .
I believe'' everything happens for a reason'' and now I am happier with my life than ever before ...

Anyway good luck to eveyone who suffer from HH and please dont let it put you off from what you want to achieve....

phuonganh

The ideal job for my HH would be a stress-free, brainless job with air-conditioning all the time, lol :D. Haven't found one yet .

I'll start my first job ever in August for this big multinational firm and I'm kinda nervous. But I guess we can't let HH ruin our career, we'll just have to try harder than most people. Theo55 really had a point: "don't let HH put you off from what you want to achieve".

RobReid

"Made redundant" I'm guessing that means like layed off? hehe euro people have the cutest way of saying things!

Theo55 does have the right idea about not letting it get in the way of what you want. For me, I know I would prefer not to put myself into some situations that would be required in certain jobs.

Like becky. I'm in food service industry. In a hot full kitchen, everyone is perspiring to some degree. There is no shaking hands cause of sanitation. And we get to carry around towels everywhere! :)

bukitimah

My initial job involved electricity! imagine sweaty palm on electricity. Well, later in my career, I have to meet lots of people daily. imagine shaking their hands with my sweaty palm? I made it anyway.

Of course, if you have a solution, isn't it better? I do hope you found one here.