Finding a SA Niche

Colin

Does anyone have clues to or would like to help me find a SA niche out there? I am willing to go on a possibly disastrous quest to find or make one. I am sure there must be, they are probably just obscure and will take a lot of effort to find. It does not have to be a place, it can be a situation or occupation.
Here is where I stand:
-20 years old
-left work, left school, left friends, made peace with family and my community
-reasoned out my doubts over a few years

Maybe my social anxiety is a lifestyle, not a disease? At least that is what I have reasoned for myself.

GettingThere

Not entirely sure what you mean but if your looking for lifestyle suggestions I would say ; (1) live in a place which is large enough to maintain a high degree of anonymity, and (2) seek a job which is low in stress and in which you work autonomously to a large degree. I now work as a Courier and it works well for me but there are plenty of other jobs which would offer similar benefits.

I think that some group interest can work as long as it is a fairly active thing, i.e., not sitting around talking much. I used to play a lot of team sport and it was good on the whole and although (inevitably) some "moments" cropped up it was worthwhile and gave me a lot of satisfaction.

FruitLooPs

Colin said:
Maybe my social anxiety is a lifestyle, not a disease? At least that is what I have reasoned for myself.

Chicken or the egg, SA I would say causes my lifestyle along with various other personality traits and genetic factors, rather than my lifestyle leading to SA. But then again Who really knows, nobody for sure right now. :?:

Colin

Right now I am living in the shadows, I walk the streets at night when the only people out are security guards and armoured truck personnel.
I live in a metropolis and I had a job as a grocery clerk. It was not autonomous but my boss was pretty understanding in that he would assign my tasks over the phone and not check up on me for my entire shift.
I like sprinting, not in public though. :? I never liked sports, maybe because of the team element.
Thanks for the suggestions GettingThere, maybe you have more advice?
I noticed I work well in extremely cooperative environments where each member really does count, no matter how productive each member is.
Two non-chickens mated to make the first chicken. And then that chicken breeded with a non-chicken to form a couple non-chickens and chickens, etc., but the chickens won out because humans came along and liked eating them and so the line began? :lol:
Have people ever turned completely into non-SAs after therapy or are they just coping? Should I accept me for who I am and find the good in the bad?
Thanks for all the replies!

Travis88

God i hope there is a way to make it go away, otherwise i got a fucked up life ahead of me.