First steps to getting help

maggie

hey Scottish...sorry your day was bad :( ...but good you made appointment :) ...you kinda turned your day around that way....what happenned at work?

Scottish_Player

Hiya Maggie,at work i had a big argument infront of the whole work about 25 people,it was with a gaffer who is a bit of a bully he is more or less bullying one of the new starts and i coudnt sit back anymore and not say anything.I hate bullies as its so easy to do especialy to someone who;s just new.Anyway i surprized myself by having an argument with him it was a face to face type although he was doing most of the shouting as me being me i say very little,my nerves where wrecked after it iand i still fell like shit for doing it.Hes never liked me for some reason,maybe cause i dont say much but this was it all just coming to a head.Iam a very quiet person in life and what i did is something i have neverdone before and i cant stop going over it in my head :roll:

maggie

Scottish...i am proud of you...you may be feeling badly about it, but what you did was so right!! :) ..you are so much like me, in that, i sit back at work and watch such bullshit on a daily basis...most of it done by bullies who like to push their weight around, or just voice their opinions, and the new people, or the quiet people(me :roll: ) get pushed around...i quietly go about my job and watch all the crap around me, and only once in a while have the courage to tell the boss of the unfairness that goes on...i never defend myself...but i can't take it to see someone else getting bullied....good for you Scottish

Scottish_Player

maggie said:
i never defend myself...but i can't take it to see someone else getting bullied....good for you Scottish

thats me aswell maggie,if i have a problem i just deal with it and never complain but if i see someone else have a problem i hate to just sit back and watch i need to do somthing.

maggie

Scottish-good it's the week-end, time for things to settle at work...if it's anything like my work, on Monday there will be new and improved crap to deal with :wink: , and this will work itself out....i just think you should be proud of yourself for standing up and doing what is right, and defending someone...is honorable...don't feel badly about it

Meatwad

Scottish_Player, I am doing the same thing as you at the moment..in the process of trying to find a psychologist to go to. What you should do is try to find someone who specializes in SP/Anxiety disorders. My mom found several places/people for me to go to that specialize in it. This makes me feel so much better about going, because when I went to a psychologist about 5 years ago, it turned out to be someone who didn't seem to know about it and made me feel retarded and didnt help me at all

And I also have the problem with eatting, especially more recently. When I am really upset and depressed, I find it so hard to eat. I eat next to nothing now. I just have no appetite. When I eat anything, I can only eat a bit of it.

Angie_05

You could fill out one of those anxiety self-tests and take the list to your doctor. That way you won't have to speak so much. He/she can just read it. Actually when I make appointments w/ the doc, the phone girl always asks what it's about. at least you didn't have to spill it all to her.

Congrats on your confrontation at work! I've had a situation like that and I couldn't seem to forget about it. It's almost embarrassing for a SA to draw that kind of attention to themselves at work. Of course it's all in our heads. I wish I could do stuff like you did.

Scottish_Player

Eating is such a big problem for me,iam 6ft tall and i only weigh in at 8 and a half stone (119 pounds i think)since i have come home from work i have eaten two small cakes things and a can of coke thats all i have had all day.Things like what happen to me today fuck me up for a long time after.

Angie_05 i was actualy going to ask that if anyone had taken an online test to their doctor and if they did how did their doctor react to it? i have filled in many and they do say more or less evrything i feel so like you said i wouldnt have to say much and he could just read it all for me.It was my dad who made the appointment for me i just told him its because i worried about my weight but i think he kinda knows its something else.

Thanks for the replies and advice :)

Angie_05

Scottish_Player said:
Angie_05 i was actualy going to ask that if anyone had taken an online test to their doctor and if they did how did their doctor react to it? i have filled in many and they do say more or less evrything i feel so like you said i wouldnt have to say much and he could just read it all for me.

Putting myself in the doctor's shoes, I would prefer the self-test rather than having to figure out what's wrong by asking questions. It saves him time, and is more geared towards how doctor's think anyways.

Scottish_Player

I just printed one of the online tests to take with me to the doctors ,i got it from http://www.paniccenter.net/anxietytest/ does anyone have any other good ones that are informative but short,the one i got is 2 pages long and its a bit much i think to pass on to the doctor,what iam thinking is if hes sitting there reading that for about 10 mins i will just get realy anxious.

Toad

Scottish_Player said:
I realy do want to do it but theres just this little something holding me back,as there is no one who can realy see my problem to tell me to go to the doctor i start to say to myself well maybe its all just in my head and iam being stupid.I also have so much in my head i would like to say,its just the getting started in the docotrs that scares me like what do i say "i think i have an anxiety problem" or "i think i have social anxiety" and so on.From what u have read on here do you think i have real reason to go,i just need someone else other than myself to tell me something is wrong.

WOW...I just couldn't pass this one up...this IS EXACTLY what i've been feeling. Congrats on finally setting up the appointment...theres really no point to me posting this...but wow...that is me.