For Ice

solo1

"I explained to them before. I tried to convince them. They just couldn't comprehend. They said I was being so ridiculous. They don't believe anything from the net either. But I never REALLY talked to them. too scary. I would tell them bits and pieces every now and then. Like when we were in the car I would start to talk about how a kid I know could talk so well and then I told them I would be very painful(lack of words) even running into someone I know. And they would say just don't be afraid there's nothing to be afraid of. And they say I'm very normal. Yeah SPs do look very normal outside. They just don't understand the importance. They won't sit down and ponder about it. In fact they think I'm getting more and more delusional(excuse my English. not sure if that's the right word ). Maybe only a doctor can tell them the importance. I think I told them enough. I'm too scared to say anything anymore. "

K :D Ice :D ... how about trying something else.... You are still in school, right? As soon as you go back, go directly to the guidance counselor's office, do not pass go and do not collect your allowance. Seriously though, don't play any "Monoply" or any other games, either. :) Tell the guidance counselor EXACTLY what's happening and that you feel that you can't cope. Make sure that you are perfectly honest, you don't want the counselor to get the impression you are copping out or just being lazy, and be sure to let them know what's going on with your parents (just like you wrote it here). Once you have them convinced, I'll bet THEY can convince your parents. When parents get feedback from the school, they take it pretty seriously. K...???? K! :wink:

Ice

solo1 said:
K :D Ice :D ... how about trying something else.... You are still in school, right? As soon as you go back, go directly to the guidance counselor's office, do not pass go and do not collect your allowance. Seriously though, don't play any "Monoply" or any other games, either. :) Tell the guidance counselor EXACTLY what's happening and that you feel that you can't cope. Make sure that you are perfectly honest, you don't want the counselor to get the impression you are copping out or just being lazy, and be sure to let them know what's going on with your parents (just like you wrote it here). Once you have them convinced, I'll bet THEY can convince your parents. When parents get feedback from the school, they take it pretty seriously. K...???? K! :wink:
I didn't know there is a Guidance Counselor's Office in my school. :? Where is it!? hmph :? :| :D LOL. I moved to Canada 2yrs ago. In the first one year I knew absolutely NOthing about my school. Now my English is way better, but I still rarely talk so I am still... you know... :| I don't know what a Guidance Counselor do and I don't know who is the Guidance Counselor... :oops: :oops: :oops: Sooo... :roll:
Thanks anyway solo1. Sorry:D
TONIGHT, we had guests coming over for dinner. They were not English speakers either so communication was easy. To tell the truth, I've never REALLY chitchated with a English-speaking person. ANYWAY, this person came over, and we talked. I'm ok with strangers but right now I'm not going to talk about those problems. So this person came over and we talked and, as usual, my mom told them about my shyness... :| Suddenly his wife spoke. She claimed that she had that(shy and self negativeness stuff) too when she was young and up until her twenties. She also claimed that a book helped her much. I didn't sit there for the whole lecture though. But I'm sure my parents learned much! :D :D :D Lucky me to have someone here to give them a lesson. :D :D What a marvel... :wink: Now my parents are much more nice about the whole business.
Thank you so much Solo1 for all your help!!! Thanks again!!

Anonymous

Ya know :lol: Icer :lol: I thought your English was fine here at SPW, I didn't have a clue you didn't speak it very well!

Now, about the only things I know about Canada is that it's north from me and that my favorite group comes from there... "RUSH". Yes! It's true! Only 3 musicians... but ohhhhhh, do they rock & roll and make some great music, and they, well, mostly Geddy Lee... says some really awesome stuff, like I told Bombcat, he sings, "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice." :wink: :)
Oh ye-ah.. and... part of Nigara Falls is on the Canadian side too. K... that's about covers my knowledge of Canada... :oops: BUT... can it really be THAT different from The US? Surely there must be counselors at the schools to assist directing students? Well, that's what guidence counselors do, they help students with their decisons, problems, grades, etc. but trust me on this one Ice... they WILL NOT give you a hand with your homework or fill in for you to take your tests-- that is entirely up to you!

Isn't it GREAT how things seem to work themsleves out sometimes? The visitors that came by and the book sound as if they just might get things moving for you! I hope so! If they don't, or of they aren't moving fast enough, check in at the school office and ask where you can find the guidence counselor, I'm certain they will know what you mean! What have you got to lose?

Just don't lose your keys... I lost 2 of mine.. they were spares and I can get others but it's an OCD thing and it is driving me up the wall... I called every place I went, I retraced every step I thought I made and I have still not found them. OH YES--- I can go get replacements---even NOW at the 24 hr, Walmart, and I will have the spares again.... but dwelling on the first two and making myself crazier thinking where they might be and NOT finding them is something my screwed up OC brain THINKS it simply MUST DO. :roll:

Ice

smee-solo-not signed in said:
Ya know Icer I thought your English was fine here at SPW, I didn't have a clue you didn't speak it very well!
Thank you. :D Well it's different when you are actually talking. For you guys... You can just blurt it out without thinking. It's like a second nature. But for me it's way harder.
Well, that's what guidence counselors do, they help students with their decisons, problems, grades, etc.
Ohhh now I know who you are talking about. :D I call them Mrs. PRINCIPAL and Mrs. vice principal. LOL. Don't ask me. I don't know anything. :|
...etc. but trust me on this one Ice... they WILL NOT give you a hand with your homework or fill in for you to take your tests-- that is entirely up to you!
Yup.
They
Are
Scary
People.
Now, about the only things I know about Canada is that it's north from me and that my favorite group comes from there... "RUSH". Yes! It's true! Only 3 musicians... but ohhhhhh, do they rock & roll and make some great music, and they, well, mostly Geddy Lee... says some really awesome stuff, like I told Bombcat, he sings, "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
I really don't know a lot about rock and pop... But don't worry I am learning. I've got to learn the culture somehow. Yeah I guess that's a important part of becoming normal. In the holiday I browsed through some celebrity and mp3 website. Too many people to remember though. LOL. :D And I have to work on sports and movies too. I have no idea about hocky, football (rugby), braveheart or fight club :D I guess I have to have a good look at them. :D fun fun fun
Thank you. I won't lose my keys, I promise. I had them placed in a very safe place. They are securely tied inside my backpack. My backpack is like 8 pounds. I'm not the kind of person who uses his locker. I broke one once. It just fell onto the ground into two pieces! I dropped it twice and at last it broke. I guess I'm too clumsy for it. So I take my backpack home everyday. I always have to carry the backpack with me when there is an emergency when I have to go out of the apartment. You may have guessed, it is not very comfortable. Ok. The keys. When I have to open the apartment gate, I have to open the backpack first. That means I have to put down my trombone case and then hold the backpack with one trembling hand. By the way the backpack zipper is kind of broken. It's worse when someone is waiting behind me and watching me doing it. With jittery hands, I would fumble for the key between text books. Sometimes people get tired waiting me. When they had a key of course they'd open the door. And with an awkward thanks I'd pick up my stuff and follow the person in sheepishly... Ahh it's 11:24 already bye.

solo1

Why is it I feel so cold when I respond to your posts... brrrrrr NIP! Just kidding! :p

I rarely used my locker in school either, but more importantly, I didn't use the freaking combination lock they gave us. I loathed that lock! While everyone else was already in and out of their lockers, I was still fumbling like a FOOL trying to get mine opened. :oops: And why? Because I THOUGHT everyone was 'watching' me trying to open it!! There were times I never succeeded getting the lock to open and went to class without my book :oops: soooo, after school, when every one was gone, I comfortably opened the lock (without a hitch, naturally!) and took it home and left it there! I always had the 'hall monitors' riding by back for not locking my locker and even got a few notes from the office. I told them my prediciment, but sighhhh, it went over like a lead balloon. I suppose they just assumed I was the number one runner up for the yearbook's "Most UNcoordinated" achievement. :cry:

To this day, I will not go near a combination lock. I recently put some things in a shed at my parent's and my Dad, knowing how I feel, put a combination lock on the shed door!! I said. "Dad! You know I can't use those type of locks!" and he said, "Ye-ah, I know, and it's high time you learned!!" and proceeded to teach me... :eek: :( Well, I opened the lock for him 3 times and made him happy and then, a few days later, replaced the lock with a key lock and handed him his combination lock and a key for him to use, he knew better than to argue. hee heh heh :wink: