Full acceptance

ajohnson2

I came across the Panic Away program in 2008 and thought it made a lot of sense. It basically talks about accepting and actually demanding more of the anxiety symptom (sweating in my case). Over the past few years secure wipes have helped immensely, but for the last year I've had tremendous issues again even with the wipes. Not much sweating actually occurs, but the feeling of adrenaline and dread, and anticipatory anxiety have been significant.

In reading Viktor Frankl's famous book, he actually talked about how he cured someone with sweating by having them try to sweat.

In the back of my mind, I've always thought that acceptance is the key to ending this once and for all. As such, I'm fully immersed in the Panic Away program now and have signed up for the coaching.

I went to an improv class (I wanted to challenge myself) the other night for the first time and it was great! I was truly accepting of whatever symptoms were there and no adrenaline came up even though it could be one of the most stressful experiences (you're called on to think quickly, giving impromptu speeches, etc).

I have dinner with some people tonight and will try it again!

Anyone else used the program? I feel like the hardest thing is the full acceptance and encouragement. For example, since I know the people at dinner tonight I'm struggling with truly accepting sweating in front of them. It's really hard to pass that threshold, but if you do, I think it's the beginning of the end.