Getting through school

Soy Sauce

Let's talk about what's really important here. Poor, poor Gasol LOL. Griffin didn't just dunk on Pau, he dunked on his SOUL. He dunked on Pau's future grandkids lol.

Roman Legion

I understand what you mean.. The worst thing for me every semester is when I get a new professor and the first day they always seem to go around and introduce ourselves.. I just stare down at my desk unable to say anything and hope they just leave me alone before the anxiety becomes unbearable.. Group discussions and introductions are the worst, but my next semester is in August and I have a Psychology class; my fear is when they find out I have selective mutism, everyone is going to really focus on me.. Including the professor.. I just want to blend in, do my required work and pass the class without anyone even knowing I exist there. Basically, you are not alone here, just do as I have been doing for a very long time.. Find a way to get through it and if you find yourself too anxious, don't forget you can walk away; I do when my anxiety maxes out.

Mozart22

Sprawling, yeah your right I probably already know. Basically just wanted to say hey to the people that stuck around. Is Mozzart still active?

Yeah I'm still active, good to see you back. I actually don't come on here much
anymore, mostly because I have found what works for me and also there is only so much you can do. Reading or writing new posts every day or every week isn't going to make me sweat less.

What I do:

- 4mg of Avert (Robinul) on an empty stomach if I really needed it.
My stomach has to be really empty (no food for 4 hours) and it gives me
a very dry mouth and throat, but it does stop the sweating for 6 or 7 hours.

- Wear a baseball cap when possible. The Nike Drifit Featherlite cap is amazing, it's super lightweight and breathable and absorbs moisture plus
hides my forehead (I have sweating all over but facial HH is by far the worst. You can hide your hands and feet and even underarms but you can't easily hide your face

- Wear loose, comfy clothing, preferably clothes that breathe well and absorb moisture well like polyster.

- Stay close to air conditioning in the summer

- Go to the bathroom for 10 or 15 minutes to cool off if a bout of sudden
sweating occurs in public

These things help me for the most part. It's not perfect but it makes the sweating manageable. But yeah I don't come here much because there isn't much new information for me to learn and I try not to dwell on my condition, you know? I don't want to obsess over it. About the Avert (glycopyrolate) it has been a God send. But of course I do not use it everyday, only when I really need to. If I'm going to be at home or the weather is cold or I'm not meeting a lot of people, then I don't take it.

For you, I suggest you follow my example but you also need to work on your social anxiety. I get nervous around good looking women too so I know how you feel. For example if there's a beautiful girl looking at me or hanging out with me I feel more self conscious. So you must work on your confidence and you S.A. It can be done. Takes time and determine and research but it's doable. You can also try to build up to it, where you start hanging out a lot with average looking girls to gain more confidence and reassurance, so that after a while even the hot girls don't make you as nervous

P.S. Neither Miami or LA are winning the NBA championship, it's gonna be the Bulls. Especially if D-Rose can get healthy. The Bulls are gonna
dominate this decade

Last edited:

averagejoe

Hey Matt! It's been a while since I've been on the forums as well. It must be stressful to transition towards a new school, but I feel confident that you'll manage the hyperhidrosis to a tolerable level. I think a new surrounding would work well for hyperhidrosis. It gives you a feeling of being free from old burdens as well as beginning a new start. It clears your head and gives you a chance to kind of move on instead of sulking over the HH situation. I've been able to manage my hyperhidrosis very efficiently over the last couple of months. Taking glyco when I need to and keeping stress to a minimum really has done wonders for my HH. Although my social life has decreased significantly, I feel content nonetheless with the friends I still have. Honestly, I've kind of forgotten that I even had HH in the first place, since I've been so caught up in my school work. I've had some potential sweat attacks, but most of them quickly dissipated. I feel a lot better about myself as a person, and I'm finally starting to feel comfortable in my own skin again. If I do happen to run into a profuse episode in the near future, I guess I'll just sweat it out, nothing I can really do about it anyways. Well, I'm just glad I've gotten over my obsessive phase about my HH, and I hope the same could be said for everyone in the near future.

(P.S. I finish high school in one more year, and I can't wait to move on to college and free myself of all the burdens and hardships I had to endure here.)

mattbarneswillkillu

Good to hear from you Joe and Mozzart, thanks. Good to hear that everyone is doing well. And yeah Mozzart, I haven't been on as much for the same reasons, I just kinda deal w/ it w/ the info & tools we have. I've just had way too much time on my hands and felt like reconnecting w/ every1.

Joe were you still thinking about the engineering?

I'll be moving to school in Idaho this august! I'm kinda excited about moving (resided in Cali my enitre life) anybody from around there?

Mozart22

You're moving from Cali to Idaho??? Geez man, talk about completely different!
Well you won't have to worry about running into a lot of people while sweaty lol,
their total population is smaller than some L.A. neighborhoods! (1.5 million people
vs 8 million in metropolitan LA)

mattbarneswillkillu

You're moving from Cali to Idaho??? Geez man,

Haha that's pretty much the same reaction i've got from everybody i've talked to haha. It's not totally by choice, it's more by chance(admission acceptance)...

But i'm kinda looking forward venturing out, worse case I can laugh at it later in life.

mattbarneswillkillu

Idaho is the new California! Pangea is going to cause the pacific to border the state so then it'll have all the beaches, nice weather and everything else i'm leaving behind.

Man, taking exams at school was hellish for me with sweaty hands. I used to wear thin fingerless gloves just so I wouldn't get the page all wet and the edges curl!

Most of my friends new my hands sweated and we laughed it off a lot of the time. Underarm sweating was a different matter though!