Girl stuff

RoboLobster

Hey guys.

I just felt like writting about this, input is certainly welcome though.

I met this girl about a month ago via a game online that I play regularly with a few friends (World of Warcraft). She was a friend of a friend, and I'm pretty cold to people I don't know, so we din't talk very much. I don't remember how it happened but one night we started talking a little more, she told me about how she was living with her ex, and his new girlfriend and how she couldn't live with her mother (although she din't tell me the reason). I felt pretty bad for her, and from talking to another friend it turned out she has almost no friends, and since she's in a really shitty situation in life so I decided to talk to her more and attempt to be her friend.

One night she told me alot of private stuff about her past that she never tells anyone. I won't say what she told me out of respect for her, but imagine things bad that can happen to a young girl and it most likely happened to her. I'm not sure why she "opened" up to me, she said she felt oddly comfortable with me ( I get this from people alot it seems, no idea why ).

She has a boyfriend, she was very secretive about him at first. From what she told me it was someone I knew but she never said who and I din't really pursue the subject, but I could tell that she wanted to talk about him alot. One night after alot of talking she finally told me who he was (I din't put any pressure on her to tell me, I din't really want to know anyway) and to my surprise it was one of my close friends. They are very secretive about it though because she's pretty young (not illegal though), and my friend is pretty scared of relationships. Due to the secretivity of their relationship (and just the way my friend is) they arn't very affectionate with each other.

She and my friends live in a town that's about a 3 hour drive away from where I live now. I've visited town a few times due to various reasons, and she always wants to hang out with me (which I do). She's very affectionate with me (very touchy, likes to hold my hand, play with my hair, tells me how sweet, adorable and cute I am, tells me she loves me, but she says that to everyone), and admittedly, I'm a very affectionate person myself, I don't have a problem with it so I return it.

Now I'm not an idiot here, I've been in a few relationships and learned a thing or two. I probably shouldn't be doing this. I would NEVER get in between a relationship of two people (I've done it before and had it done to me before), especially two of my friends. I've talked to her about this, she says I make her feel good and happy, and she hasn't had anyone be affectionate with her in along time, and being the type of person I am I do just about anything I can if it makes someone happy. I'm not gonna lie either, I love the affection she gives me too, since I've been pretty lonely for the past few months so I'm sure that clouds my judgement.

I'll be honest, I like this girl alot. I've tryed my damn hardest to not devolp feelings for her past being a friend but as we know that's not how human nature likes to work. I know she likes to back to a certain extent (she's told me, repeatitly). For that reason I was thinking about cutting it off. I fear for my feelings and hers, and I'm really scared of being hurt. I also feel that she REALLY needs the support right now, and I'm willing to put myself on the line to help her, even if I get used and hurt, to help her out. I'm certainly not expecting an intimate relationship to devolp from this, and I can see her as being a very close friend, but the few girls I've been close to I've had a relationship with, so I'm sort of new to this.

This was alot longer post then I planned out. I'd really like to hear your guy's opinions on this, especially from some of you girls out there. Should I cut it off? Remain her "cuddle buddy"? If ya read all this, thanks for lisening. :wink:

ColdAsIce

First of all I think if your serious about developing a relationship with this women then you need to tell her to make a choice either you or her boyfriend. In a situation like this someone is obviously going to get hurt, call me selfish (hey I'm SP, no offence, it brings out my selfish side!) but if it feels right and you can see a future with this girl then go for it!!........ :wink:

Good Luck!!

RoboLobster

ColdAsIce said:
First of all I think if your serious about developing a relationship with this women then you need to tell her to make a choice either you or her boyfriend.

Maybe I din't say it or make it clear, but as long as she's involved I do not want to have a relationship with her. I'm certainly not going to go demand she choose me or her boyfriend (whom she's had before she even met me) or something silly like that.

Would I like to be in a relationship with her? Yeah, but coming inbetween two people's relationship is something I would never do. I would sooner back out and cut off contact with her if it was going to cause anything bad between her and her boyfriend.

I guess the jist of the situation is she wants me to be her friend pretty badly, and she needs a good one at this time in her life, but due to my feelings for her it makes it painful for me, especially if I'm around her and her boyfriend at the same time. I'm hoping my feelings are just some kind of infatuation and will fade, instead of me having to cut contact with her to save my own feelings.

tupac

you should talk to her about this. ask her what she thinks of ur relationship, if shes says ur good friends than its all good. but if she feels like she likes you in a BF type of way then you have to tell you can't be anything more than friends and explain why. i think being honest is the best thing you can do in this situation.

Sebastian

You have few choices here. You might decide to be giving and you'll be her friend, resisting any temptation and feeling, trying to make her feel good, sacrificing yourself. You can decide to be selfish and go for it, although it might hurt her, her boyfriend, your friends and also your relationship if she lives far from you or if she will feel guilty. You can try to be a distant friend, helping her with her most urgent problems and getting in touch with her from time to time in order not to get too close to her. There are obviously other choices as well.

Choose.