lifesnotfair

all i can say is that i have given up on the following things

- getting a girlfriend
- ever being happy
- not being lonely
- ever getting out of depression

seems to work well for me

redlady

I'm with you McShy - i like the way you think. :)
As for the conservative rule here we have been doomed for the last 3 elections - i think - i've lost count. There's always hope for the next one. HOPEFULLY.

LittleMissScareAll

lifesnotfair said:
- getting a girlfriend
- ever being happy
- not being lonely

me too, except change 'girlfriend' to 'boyfriend'(i know i'll never have one who actually cares anything about me, anyway. i never have)

redlady

Good grief you make me smile McShy. :) Just for the record i'm not a midget, but glad to know the name would stick even if i were.

redlady

Aaawww shucks McShy you make me gush. I find your posts wonderfully witty and creative. And by the way McShy RULES!

Fighter86

I am a girl, so I would have to change point no. 1 to boyfriend. I have a boyfriend alright. In my fantasies. I daydream alot & in my daydreams, I have a boyfriend, am moderately happy, not too loney & not feeling 'down' frequently. Erm, not too much to ask for is it? I mean I am not asking for a million dollars, nor a big red shiny Ferrari or something like that. I am simply asking for a 'normal' life. But I am so so far from it. Oh well, things might get better. Maybe there's hope if I don't give up :lol:

koyaanisqatsi

I'm with lifesnotfair, at least today and most days. Having struggled for many years with SPia and depression, I haven't made any real improvement. Medications have helped, but no permanent improvement seems possible for me. So if giving up and accepting one's life as it is gives someone peace of mind, then I think that is a very good approach. For some reason, I'm not good at giving up either but it's a more achievable goal than fighting and beating SPia and depression.

LittleMissScareAll

Well you won't have to worry about listening to any sickening stories from me, because there is and never will be, a Mr. Wonderful, for me.
Thanks...I'm always just second best though. See, there's always somebody better than me. Even with the "boyfriends" I've had...they always like somebody way better than me, and I'm just second best to them.

McShy said:
Hey LMSA..it's going to happen. And when you fall in love with Mr. Wonderfull you can sicken ( and delight) us with your stories. Who could not love LMSA after seeing her posts? Well apart form me whose totally devoted to Big Red (joke)! Besides, love ain't all it's cracked up to be.

I hiope she never sees this but apart form BR.. I find LMSA the most compelling post on here.

And then it'll go to her head and we'll have to see her on Oprah tommorrow.

Big Red rules but LMSA is so close behind :wink:

LittleMissScareAll

taws said:
i havent given up but i have been trying to become content with what i have seeing as how life probably wont ever get much better so i have just come to the conclusion that i must stop any wanting of certain things, if i dont want, i dont lack. so there, im satified with my life and if it ever gets better then good, if not, then life will just meet my expectations of never getting better and i wont be disappointed.

Reminds me of Becker's quote: "No expectations, no disappointments"...which is one of my favorite quotes.

kattness

lifesnotfair said:

- getting a girlfriend
- ever being happy
- not being lonely

seems to work well for me

woooooo me 2. *high 5*