GOD!!!

LA323

when i started having my"SA" and depression and all that shit, and first i would blame God 4 it. I would say that there wasnt a god and that he was the 1 responsible 4 my misery, even dought my parents are religious and have always pussed me toward following it, but i didnt even believe in god and they would get mad. But now i kinda think that there is a god and that if i reach out 2 him, he would somewhat make me more calm and not alone. but i always thought he didnt like me. but i still have doughts, and i feel confused towards the whole God "THING". some advice or opinions

Chilling_Echo

i feel that this world hasn't fallen apart yet so there has to be a God. i grew up in a christian family but when SA keeps me from going to church, it's hard to be religious. i'd prolly be alot better off if i was. but i'd never stop believing

Anonymous

if i look at a satellite image of the world from space, i feel sure there is a creator. there are 100,000 chemical reactions in your brain every second. i believe in a divine creator. when we have faith in God we have hope. if there is no God and no hope then, i may as well quit now. when my choices come down to live or die, when i feel this bad, im glad to have hope to keep me alive for another day. never know, tomorrow might be better, unlikely but..

applesewer

Weird. I was thinking the same thing last night. I was reading my bible and for a second I thought to myself, “what if this is just a book of fictional text and that’s it…and I really am alone”, and for a second I felt this flash of pure loneliness that I remember feeling often when I was younger. But then I flashed back and remembered why I believe in God, and I could feel the Holy Spirit swelling inside of me and I was so comforted knowing that I’ll never be alone.

I know some of you don’t believe and I don’t want to start off negative comments…this is just what I think! I personally, believe God loves everyone of you sooo much, and he’s waiting for you to lavish you with sooo much love and blessings, like in my life…all you have to do is accept him.

Chilling_Echo

do you guys ever go to church? i held off drifting from God for a while but after three years of not being able to walk into the place without being bombarded by both people trying to meet me and anxiety that it's impossible. youth group is worse, luckily now i'll a little old for that

LilMissTragic

Athiest here...I'm not looking to blame anyone for my SP...just one of those things, just like any other illness. But if believing in a god makes you feel less alone or somehow gives you comfort then carry on doing it.

GettingThere

Chilling_Echo said:
do you guys ever go to church? i held off drifting from God for a while but after three years of not being able to walk into the place without being bombarded by both people trying to meet me and anxiety that it's impossible.

I manage but at times its a bit tough. Of course you can do the whole worship side of the walk at home if you have to, just set aside some time specifically for it.

Chilling_Echo

the last time i tried going to church *quietly* they found out from my aunt who went there my name, looked up my address, sent me junk mail, called my house, sent a youth group (key word GROUP) to my house on several occassoins who also asked to be invited in which i though was rude and was straight up asking me if i was saved which to me is something that is personal to me. i very much didn't appreciate it.

Shadow

I used to believe in God. I was brought up in a very religious household, but I don't think I ever really believed. I kinda just went along with it because that's what my parents wanted. Three or so years ago I started to seriously questions things, and I soon realised that I just didn't believe in a loving, personal, merciful God. But even if I had, I sure as hell didn't want to worship him.

I did blame God for all my problems but once I stopped believing I could no longer do that. So I started blaming the world, the universe, whatever. I still do in a way but not too much. I've accepted that the world is what it is and all I can do is make the most of it and try to be the best person I can be. It may be meaningless in the end but what else can I do?

applesewer

I do go to church but only cause I’ve started playing drums for the band round there. Other wise I wouldn’t. That stuff about the junk mail and youth group is terrible, I’d hate that…they shouldn’t be doing that. I’ve always had a problem with church, still do….it’s just so weird and cheesy. I don’t understand the things that people do there, and I really don’t like being told what to do, or pray, or whatever. But you don’t HAVE to go to church. I am beginning to understand its purpose a little better…community spirit and social relationships are good things…which is hard for an SA sufferer to fathom sometimes. Plus I know that the people I’ve met there are the most overwhelmingly accepting people I have ever met. Some churches are better than other’s….maybe just trying a different church might help.

Anonymous

im a catholic but i havnt been to church in 2 years due to sa. i find it so horrible but feel so horrible and guilty for not going. Also sometimes the priest pops in unexpectedly to our house_very inconvenient,yet again i feel guilty for thinkiomg that! and its really hard for me. i dont blame god for my sa because he gave us all a choice

GettingThere

Chilling_Echo said:
the last time i tried going to church *quietly* they found out from my aunt who went there my name, looked up my address, sent me junk mail, called my house, sent a youth group (key word GROUP) to my house on several occassoins who also asked to be invited in which i though was rude and was straight up asking me if i was saved which to me is something that is personal to me. i very much didn't appreciate it.

Some church people have no idea, they just do not understand that we all have been given free will and to throw God at us is aginst our free will and thus not God's will.

Henry

Ya I believe in God as well. I can understand that some people just cant find logical reasons to believe, and thats fine. I believe because it just seems to make sense to me. I mean why do we humans have this need to find god (or gods?) This feeling is almost universal. I deduced, based on what I know and saw, that God put something in us to seek him, to know him. And I believe you can do this in a variety of ways and religions. I dont believe there is only one "way" to god. Nor that anyone's religion has have that same "us verses them" or "were right and your wrong" mentality. As for my believe in God and its relationship to my SP, it actually doesnt help as much as you would think. I came to realize that God can't do everything for you. We are the only ones who can truely change our lifes. I do go to God for support and comfort but in the end its all on us.

Yossarian

As an agnostic (atheist in denial) i just dont know. I still struggle with why anything should exist. It's all too convenient. God just exists, he was, is and always will be. Who created God man!!! (pardon the atheistic pun) Same for the other side tho.... there was the big bang and suddenly time and space existed. Oh how very neat and tidy. So what made the big bang!!!

Anyway, the main reason is to ...... i couldnt resist sorry, is to quote Catch22 by Joseph Heller. It had to hapen some time. It's not a theological point....just it makes me laugh:

"And don't tell me God works in mysterious ways," Yossarian continued, hurtling on over her objection. "There's nothing so mysterious about it. He's not working at all. He's playing. Or else He's forgotten about us. That's the kind of God you people talk about - a country bumpkin, a clumsy, bungling, brainless, conceited, uncouth hayseed. Good God, how much reverence can you have for a Supreme Being who finds it necessary to include such phenomena as phlegm and tooth decay in His divine system of creation? What in the world was running through that warped, evil, scatalogical mind of His when He robbed old people of the power to control their bowel movements? Why in the world did He create pain?"
"Pain?" Lieutenant Scheisskopf's wife pounced upon the word victoriously. "Pain is a useful symptom. Pain is a warning to us of bodily dangers."
"And who created the dangers?" Yossarian demanded. He laughed caustically. "Oh, He was really being charitable to us when He gave us pain! Why couldn't He have used a doorbell instead to notify us, or one of His celestial choirs? Or a system of blue and red neon tubes right in the middle of each person's forehead. Any jukebox manufacturer worth his salt could of done that. Why couldn't He?".
"People would certainly look silly walking around with red neon tubes in the middle of their foreheads."
"They certainly look beautiful now writhing in agony or stupefied with morphine, don't they? What a colossal, immortal blunderer! When you consider the opportunity and power He had to really do a job, and then look at the stupid, ugly little mess He made of it instead, His sheer incompetence is almost staggering. It's obvious He never met a payroll. Why, no self-respecting businessman would hire a bungler like Him as even a shipping clerk!"