going to the bank??!!

maggie

You know what I hate?? Going into the bank! I can't do it. First, it's the waiting that gets me, and I know everybody in there is being watched somewhat; It's a bank for pete's sake!! :roll: But then the waiting in line, and line forming behind me. And knowing I have to speak with teller when I do get to the front of the line, that really fucking scares me, WHY?? And the sight of me in the lineup, looking distressed and nervous, I probably look like I'm getting ready to pull out a gun and rob the place! So I usually hit the bank machine, but I hate doing that too, cause people behind me make me nervous :?

ppaul

I once got so nervous waiting in line at immigration coming into the country.

they took me aside and interviewed me cause they thought i was carrying something.

they didnt actually accuse me, but why else would they pull a nervous person out of a line at an airport just to have "a little chat".

maggie

I had to fly one time, no getting out of it. It was a short flight on a very small plane. It didn't look very "flight-worthy" to me!! :wink: But I was so nervous in the lineup getting ready to get onto plane, they were watching me, checking my bags, and I knew there was nothing in bags, but I'm sure they thought I had something, how freaky I was acting. I haven't flown since, but I still want to go to Italy :) Can I dig my way there?

Scottish_Player

i hate banks too,i always feel guilty in them like you also said maggie,i feel as if they think i am going to do somthing.I cant help but look around at all the cameras to see where iam being wtached from so this must make me look more suspisious.

I also hate having to go in and take large amounts of money out for what ever reason,i feel as if they think i am a fraud stealing from someones bank acount so i will take out my maximum daliy allowed from a cash machine over several days rather than go inside for 5 mins :?

maggie

me too!, Scottish_Player, (glad I'm not the only one that does that) I won't take out any large sum in bank, I hate when the teller is counting out money, like I'm stealing it or something, I feel like that's what people are thinking! I go to bank machine, and only when I have to :roll: I go at times that are not busy, and here we have drivethru bank machines, do you?? Those are the best, but I always feel like I'm holding up any lineup behind me, or I'll run out of gas or some dumbass thing, and screw up the whole process! :?

Scottish_Player

Hiya maggie,no we dont have driv thru bank machines in Scotland (yet :D ) what i do in driv trhus like McDonalds is turn my rear view mirror away from my eye sight so i cant see whats going on behind me and i just avoid looking at the side mirrors,it helps me get thru it.I also most of the time have my rear view mirror switched away so i dont see people when they are sitting behing me at traffic lights,i only have it facing me when i feel brave :)

Colin

I act the same way! I always get asked for ID even though my younger brother can get beer no problem! It adds to the problem that the beer, lottery tickets and cigarettes I ask for are not for me.

Imagine if all us SAs decided to fly to Malta on the same day, Interpol would be in crisis mode. I think though that security are trained to pick probable cases out from just naturally shy people.

maggie

That is so true!! How on earth do people stay so calm and composed??? I will never, ever get that! :evil: It kind of pisses me off. But I do envy people who don't have anxiety issues, life must be so much easier, eh?

Travis88

Do you even need to say that? Every day i think to myself "they must have it so easy and they dont even realise it".

maggie

I know, sometimes I watch people bitch and complain about life and stuff, but I think to myself, at least you can get yourself around from place to place, appointment to appointment, here to there, in relative calmness and not be stressed about small everyday things. Sorry to state the obvious :cry:

Travis88

Didnt mean for you to be sorry :oops: .Sorry about that, heh.
I also hate when people complain about things so minimal compared to people with "real" problems. I wish i had the ability to show them whats what.

dan246

Maggie, your Canadian eh? :wink: It's my first year in the country and I'm still not used to all of the little Canadianisms. I wonder how long it will be until I start saying 'eh'?

wutnow

maggie said:
How on earth do people stay so calm and composed????

Stay focused. Zero in on what you have to do and don't give a damn what the other guy is doing.

Today: DOL, Department of licensing, had to get a new driver's license becuase I'm moving. There's (50) people in there speaking [10] different languages. You walk up to some ____ state worker, tell him what you want and he hands you a ticket. You go sit down in filthy plastic chairs facing the counter waiting for your number to be called. When your (#) is called you deal with another _____ state worker with your back to all the people waiting behind you, so you know they're looking at your ass, and they are, because I was - there's nothing else to look at.

Then you stand in front of a camera and have your mug shot taken while everyone is watching. Then you wait again in filthy chairs till they print out your license. To leave you have to walk by everyone waiting in line and sitting in the filthy chairs or leaning against the wall.

Then I had to go to the first of (two) post offices to get a PO Box, because mail is stolen in my neighborhood regularly. So again, _____ worker, (2) pieces of identification of which I only had (one). So I had to leave the counter and go back to my car to get my registration. Then I went back in line and spent (10) minutes learning how to operate a PO Box.

Then I had to go to the 'main' post office and wait behind some guy who was complaining that if they didn't get "dey check", the government would take all their sh:t. Whatever, the boy left without his 'paypuh', so I guess the 'man' is taking all his sh:t as I write. I had to fill out (two) changes of address cards and while doing so another fellow came in trying to claim a package, but had no identification with him.

It sucked and I felt like I needed a shower after being in those places.

Tommorrow it's the cable company, the phone company and the landlord. It's all going to suck. But none of it is optional. I have to do it. If I don't do it, it won't get done, so I absolutely have to do it.

There was some guy in the DOL with different-colored food stains down the front of his t-shirt and no one commented on it.

(6) months ago I would've driven by my barber (5 or 6) times till no other people were in the shop so I could get my hair cut without anyone watching. I'm tired of living like that. It's time to change. I hope others can be inspired as well.

maggie

probably not too long, dan246 :D I love the Canadian winters when I can hide out in my house with cup of tea and my cat :lol: , ( but the beer's not too bad either)