good advice

annifer

Greetings all :bigsmile:. I'm new to this so sorry if this has already been covered somewhere and I haven't seen. There are little things I do to help manage my HH and I was wondering what others do as well so I can steal all your ideas *evil laugh*

(i'm not actually evil, just sweaty!)

Ree

LOL I love how you think :D well for me personally, is to speak self affirmations to myself in the mirror daily, hypnosis (which you can do on youtube), listening to happy music, splashing positive colours around(including what you wear), watching my favourite youtubers, eatyourkimchi by Martina and Simon(they're hilarious and awesome), aaand instead of focusing too much on myself, I also try to cheer others up and make them feel good about themselves and laugh :) I've said this quite a bit on SPW so people are probably thinking "Bloody Ree, shuttup already!" har har har! How's your day been today by the way? And tell me your secrets so I can steal them too.

Sea Bass

This is a good place to start. I've seen people get advice on what kind of meds to take and stuff for HH here.

I think that Ree gave out some good advice.

Also, try some therapy out.

annifer

Nice to meet you both.

Ree, I love the idea of refocusing on others around you instead of internalising, nice and positive but also easier said than done when you're a bit self-conscious however I shall endevour to try.

I've never been to keen on the idea of medication due to the stories of dry mouths and whatnot and I didn't even know you could get therapy for it! Have you experienced this yourself sea bass?

I used to have Botox injections on the NHS and they worked amazingly for a year or two and then had no effect. Now I just rely on perspirex deodorant, I can put up with the red pits for being less sweaty.

I definitely don't have the option of wearing colours :(, it's black or white and normally something knitted for me due to sweat patches. I used to find that they smelled a bit even after washing but found this anti-bacterial laundry stuff that works a treat (I think it's designed for sports equipment).

One thing I do find helps is regular exercise. This might be entirely in my head but it feels like if you pump out lots of sweat intentionally now and again, the normal day to day sweating goes down. Plus it's good for your mental well being :). I only work out at home though on my exercise bike so I can sweat to my hearts content and no one can see the interesting shade of purple that my head goes ;).

Ree today has been lovely so far thank you, it's a bank holiday and I've just gotten off my bike so I'm full of lovely endorphins :) How's the south island? It's a holiday I've had planned for a while, I'd love to see Milford Sound one day :)

How has the weekend treated your fine selves?