Greetings HH'ers

Billy2110

Hi all,

New to the forum (well actually I already had a username so it seems I registered ages ago!), thought I'd share my experiences.

I first experienced HH as a teenager - via the armpits. As with many others on here I didn't need to be active or anxious and my armpits were wet. I used to wear a few layers to hide it, or wear sports tops that don't show damp. Anyway, after a while I went to my doctor and he recommended Driclor - after many nights of agony the Driclor kicked in and after a few years my armpits stopped sweating and the problem went away. Teen hormones clearing up or Driclor? Either way, I was clear.

All was fine until my early 30s. I've always been a 'hot' person and prone to a little extra sweating, but my ENTIRE BODY suddenly started sweating profusely. As I wear a shirt and tie under a suit for work this was a nightmare, with my shirts visibly damp all over within minutes. It was a vicious circle - I'd go into a meeting worried about sweating, the anxiety would make me hot, I'd get more worried and of course all this time the sweat is increasing. I'd wake in the night lying in wet sheets. Horrible, horrible times and I was getting desperate.

I went to my current doctor, who, despite my protests, just said "you'll have to get used to being a bit sweaty" - talk about missing the point! Then I remembered Driclor and tried it again. I know it goes against some advice but I've had no option but to use it over most of my body (mainly trunk, forehead, back of neck, back of knees, groin, hands, inner elbows) to contain the sweating. Now I can use it (or Anhydrol Forte) maybe once a week to keep things in check. I changed doctors but still got nowhere, though when prompted this one did say using Driclor over most of my body isn't dangerous!?

My question is - I know that much Aluminium chloride isn't good for you and I don't want to use it forever. Has anyone any other suggestions that ACTUALLY WORK?

One last point - this all started again around the time I started with an auto-immune condition called Vitiligo...coincidence?

Oh, and I'm fit and in good shape (I play and coach rugby league), eat very well, in fact my only vice is alcohol, which isn't to excessive levels.

Any thoughts and/or suggestions very welcome! :)

chloe909

hi billy,
i've HH (hands, feet, underarms) since i was about 13-14 i think? i'm now 25.
i tried using driclor before on my hands and feet, but eventually they started to really hurt and burn coz i could feel that the sweat wanted to come out but it was just plugged. and at times when it finally managed to come out, that's when i felt the sting and burn. so i shifted to just using it on my underarms. it indeed worked, and it didn't sting or burn at all, i guess coz most of my HH lies in my hands and the underarms is just secondary.

now the reason why i stopped using driclor on my underarms was because i noticed when i looked closely, i could see these small bubbles appearing. which i realized were sweat bubbles because it would pop when i shaved it. my only concern was this rumor that using deodorants or antiperspirants on a daily basis for underarm (that area not whole body) might pose a threat to your glands which can trigger some kind of cancer??? now i dunno if this is true but you know how you get those emails being passed around? so that kinda worried me a bit, and so i stopped. i noticed though that my underarms kinda got used to being applied driclor on, so i noticed when i stopped using it, it was still dry for about 2 months. which is great. but then it'll start to come back.

i'm sorry if my reply wasn't of much help, but i just thought that i'd share since i did use driclor also but i didn't like the thought that all that aluminum chloride was clogging up my pores. toxins then go back in. i think what we need is something that will make it stop altogether, and not just suppress it in your skin when it's still constantly producing. which i know is hard, believe me i'm going thru the same thing and it's really really debilitating.

i just joined this forum a few days ago, and read everybody's stories, experiences and advices. i might consider some of them. i heard a lot of people here take medication, maybe you can try that? but it can make your mouth and eyes dry. i'm going to start using sage tea starting next week. heard to apply 3 times a day or to drink it. i want to drink it coz i think it may be faster, but i'm still questioning on safety of drinking sage tea.

fatbeer

Billy, you might like to give some oral meds a try if you haven't already. They will dry out your whole body, instead of localised areas like Driclor.

Tip though; be careful with your alcohol intake when on these, it's much easier to become excessively drunk as your body will be somewhat dehydrated already, before you drink.

I remember a link to aluminium intake and Alzheimers when I was a teenager years ago :) (20yrs or so) reported in the media. It highlighted the dangers from drinking from aliminum cans, so I avoided aliminium deoderants, as you'd imagine my HH got pretty bad so I went to a GP who had a bit of a laugh. A quick Google on the net today shows that this theory is pretty much likely to be BS and aliminium pretty safe as long as you don't inject it. :) The stuff is in a lot of things, including drinking water.

Aluminium & Alzheimer's › News in Science (ABC Science)
Aluminium and Alzheimer's disease - Alzheimer's Society

Last edited:

gordon26

I see so many people here but in real life I haven't met anybody with this condition. Feels like I am the only one. I have extreme HH like billy and I stopped trying products because none of them worked and caused discomfort using them. I try to take fan around me and stay away from people to avoid sweat. In a day once it starts sweating it doesn't stop until you shower again and change clothes.

Sprawling

It's kind of weird how we rarely meet fellow HH'ers but think about it: we all find ways to hide it from the rest of the world. When I first started doing ionto and my hands magically dried, I was able for the first time in my life feel other people's dampness on their hands. It was a weird feeling because in the past, I was the one who had the sweaty palms. These days I experience both, sometimes I feel the sweat from others, other times I'm the sweat giver.