Harm OCD

ebot

I have it, and I have it bad. I get impulses to spill coffee on people, when I see paper I think about papercuts, I'm always afraid I'll lose control and hurt someone around me. I've considered avoiding activities and holiday functions where loved ones gather out of fear of harming someone, and I wish this would go away. I also have a fear of harming the cats.

My compulsions are skin picking and whistling. I do these two things in addition to seeking reassurance from my therapist that I'm a good person as a means to combat the obsessions with harming others. Anyone else going through this?

laure15

This might sound weird but when I was little, I used to get the urge to bite people, especially on the shoulder. I bit my grandma at least 2 times. I don't know if this is OCD or not, but I grew out of it.

xDreamseller

I sometimes think like that too. Although more along the lines of, I wonder what would happen if I did something so against the norm or random. Like if I just lunged across and punched someone right in the face. What would peoples reactions be? Would people jump on me, or would the just stand by and watch? (I'm pretty sure most would just watch, although once 1 person tries to help, a lot more would join in to help)

I always look at common, everyday items and think "How could I use this as a weapon?" My favorite has always been a pen...to the neck. If the ink went everywhere that would make it awesome.

I get scared when sometimes it feels like I'm actually going to do it. I don't even have a reason why I would do it, except for..."Just because.."

OCDd

Yea, i feel like im going to hurt people a lot. especially because i have dreams of killing people and i really am not proud of that. a couple days ago i stabbed someone in my sleep (i was in the car sleeping cause it was a long ride) and right as i did that in my sleep, i woke up and i actually was stabbing the chair in front of me in the car. This made me upset cause i am usually i nice guy and i dont want to become like that. Also i have picture myself doing that to people and torturing them. next time i see my psychologist im definitely going to bring this up. to answer your question though, your definitely not alone. a lot of people at some point have felt like this. and i have cut my arms before with paper, i know that doesn't seem like much but you'd be surprised what you can do with paper. i dont do this anymore for several reasons. just hang in their you'll be fine and if you ever need to talk we all here for you. hope this helps out man.