Has ETS worked for anyone?

Raivic

All I hear are negatives about this surgery. Is there anyone who as gotten the surgery and not gotten any excess sweating elsewhere?

HH

I've read some success stories regarding ETS. I think if it has worked for some people they just haven't posted about it online, as with the people who've had it and its gone wrong have warned others.

If you are thinking about having ETS please try every other alternative first as once its done that's it.

SweatSweatGoAway

I had the surgery, and it was successful. Yes, I do have the compensatory sweating. Enough so that it soaks through my clothing. However, it beats the horrible palmar hyperhidrosis I had before. I can use my hands just like everyone else now, allowing me to be much more socially active. Also, I don't sweat embarassingly on my face when talking to people, nor leave sweat stains under my armpits throughout the day. I have to mention that the compensatory is manageable. Antiperspirants work well, along with very absorbable clothing (Kleinerts). It was an adjustment worth making in my life. I'd only recommend this surgery for palmar hyperhidrosis sufferers whose condition disables them in their life. It is without a doubt the most debilitating of all the hyperhidrosis forms to deal with.

Last edited:

Head

I had ETS as well and for me it was successful. It was mainly palmars that i suffered from and agreeing with 'sweatsweatgoaway' i think it probably is the worst type. I don't see how it CAN'T disable you in life, because its always there and always on your mind. I tried a few alternatives for about a year but decided this was the way to go.
It worked great;my hands get the slightest bit sweaty when im really under pressure,but not near as much as a 'normal' person, let alone the way i used to be. It even makes me feel good to know they still sweat that little bit. Apart from my hands being dry, it just makes you feel much more comfortable in yourself which makes you more relaxed and so stops you sweating as much in everyday circumstances as before.
My only drawback is that when its really hot, or im in the spotlight or playing sports, I do have more compensatory sweating. But i would gladly deal with this, and after 6 years (im 22) I still think it was one of the best decisions of my life.

woofytalk

The prospect of ETS scares the hell out of me. It's not the surgery that I find frightening. It's that rare but possible 5-10% chance you can suffer from compensatory sweating after the fact.

I network with a TON of HH sufferers so I've heard enough horror stories from those unfortunate few who fell victim to the compensatory curse. If I can be so dramatic - it gives me nightmares.

SweatSweatGoAway

Compensatory sweating is more like 95%. The question is how bad one gets it, not if?

The answer to this question in my strong opinion is based on psychology and not physiology. In other words, how bad the person suffered before the surgery determines their outlook. My palmar hyperhidrosis left me literally as a disabled person. Now I feel like I'm able to do anything I want in my life.

landon

Hi SweatSweatGoAway, I'm glad you're happy with your ets surgery. Besides the reflex sweating, do you have any other side effects such as loss of emotions, split body syndrome (where half the body is hot and the other half is cold) or difficulty breathing? And at what level were you cut or clamped? Thanks.

I had ETS at the age of 15, now I'm 29. The compensatory sweat was bareable at first, but it is horrible now. I live in a hot country and summer is a nightmare. I can't go out without getting soaked.
Try EVERYTHING before going to this surgery, and if you do, for god sake, make sure you do the one which is reversable!!!

I had the surgery, and it was successful. Yes, I do have the compensatory sweating. Enough so that it soaks through my clothing. However, it beats the horrible palmar hyperhidrosis I had before. I can use my hands just like everyone else now, allowing me to be much more socially active. Also, I don't sweat embarassingly on my face when talking to people, nor leave sweat stains under my armpits throughout the day. I have to mention that the compensatory is manageable. Antiperspirants work well, along with very absorbable clothing (Kleinerts). It was an adjustment worth making in my life. I'd only recommend this surgery for palmar hyperhidrosis sufferers whose condition disables them in their life. It is without a doubt the most debilitating of all the hyperhidrosis forms to deal with.
it sounds like you have it like me. I agree with this post. Do you get it bad on your butt? do your feet sweat?
I had ETS as well and for me it was successful. It was mainly palmars that i suffered from and agreeing with 'sweatsweatgoaway' i think it probably is the worst type. I don't see how it CAN'T disable you in life, because its always there and always on your mind. I tried a few alternatives for about a year but decided this was the way to go.
It worked great;my hands get the slightest bit sweaty when im really under pressure,but not near as much as a 'normal' person, let alone the way i used to be. It even makes me feel good to know they still sweat that little bit. Apart from my hands being dry, it just makes you feel much more comfortable in yourself which makes you more relaxed and so stops you sweating as much in everyday circumstances as before.
My only drawback is that when its really hot, or im in the spotlight or playing sports, I do have more compensatory sweating. But i would gladly deal with this, and after 6 years (im 22) I still think it was one of the best decisions of my life.
It sounds like it worked out really well for you.
I had ETS at the age of 15, now I'm 29. The compensatory sweat was bareable at first, but it is horrible now. I live in a hot country and summer is a nightmare. I can't go out without getting soaked.
]Try EVERYTHING before going to this surgery, and if you do, for god sake, make sure you do the one which is reversable!!!
God, I hope mine never gets worse. It worries me a lot.