having OCD is fine with me

siren_0_0

Is anyone else here okay with having OCD?

OCD can take over your life and it can be very disabling at times but I don't think I ever want to go to one of those "OCD camps" where they do a lot of exposure therapies.
And tbh, I don't want to go back to thinking the way I did when I didn't have OCD. When I first got OCD, it did take over my life and I made A LOT of wrong choices in life. OCD did ruin my life as I known it, but OCD is part of me now and I don't want to get completely rid of it but I do my best to lessen it. I'm fine with having OCD but I wish i didn't have to experience it severely. If I could change my past, I wouldn't change the fact that I got ocd but I would change how I and the ppl around me dealt with it.

Infected_Malignity

ah, ocd's curable dude. glad to see you're looking on the bright side, but don't bee TOO accepting of it. if i cured mine, you can cure yours.

slimjim119

I don't see too many good points with having OCD. If I could be cured 100% I would be happy. Puts too much extra stress in your life. You have to get a handle on the thoughts and rituals before they get out of hand.

siren_0_0

Infected_Malignity said:
ah, ocd's curable dude. glad to see you're looking on the bright side, but don't bee TOO accepting of it. if i cured mine, you can cure yours.

I do my best to lessen it and that's good enough for me for now. It doesn't stop me from going to school or being in a loving relationship or taking care of myself, so why do I need to be cured of it?
And not every psychologist agree on whether it can be cured or not. Some believe so, others don't. Usually, they say it's up to you, it depends on how much you are willing to work on yourself to get better. If you got cured of yours, I'm really happy for you, I hope that you feel very proud of yourself. But keep in mind that, it doesn't mean everyone diagnosed with OCD need to be cured. Not everyone has the same obsessions and compulsions. And the degree to which enables them to live a so called normal life, varies a lot too.

rohit

???? on infected malignity

Infected_Malignity said:
Can u pls tell me what treatment did u take to get cured of ocd.....