Helllllllo

AgentOrange

I guess this is the right place to post this. My problem is I have a hard time talking to people. Im not necessarily shy, I just have horrible social skills. Its even hard for me to talk to people online when I have time to think of a response:? Its really hard to talk to anyone in my family too which really drives me crazy. Growing up I didnt really have any 'real' conversations with them. This is probably because of all the stuff that was going on then. My parents divorced when I was about 12 and I never got to see my dad much, My older brother who is 23 now has always been in and out of hospitals his whole life and my mom was working three jobs to take care of us and provide us with whatever we wanted so she wasnt around as much as I would've liked.

Whenever I'm with a group of people all I ever hear is "You're so quiet!" and sometimes they take it as Im being rude... It really pisses me off because I'd love to talk but I just never know what to say. My mind is always blank. Im a smart good looking kid so I find it especially hard when girls hit on me. I dont get scared or nervous, but the only thing thats running through my head is "what can I say? what can I say? what can I say?" I have no game LOL :(

Danfalc

Banned
Agent orange

ello mate, what ur describing in ur post, reminds me of what it was like when my sp/sa first started. From what you have said you just seem uncorfortable speaking to people.You didnt mention any other stuff which is associated with sp/sa so you might just be shy, on the other hand this could be the start of social phobia.I dont know if you have or not, but i would advise you to see a doctor and deal with this before it gets more serious.

renegade

Whenever I'm with a group of people all I ever hear is "You're so quiet!" and sometimes they take it as Im being rude... It really pisses me off because I'd love to talk but I just never know what to say. My mind is always blank. Im a smart good looking kid so I find it especially hard when girls hit on me. I dont get scared or nervous, but the only thing thats running through my head is "what can I say? what can I say? what can I say?" I have no game LOL

I was like you, brother, except for the ''I dont get scared or nervous'' part. I got that phrase a lot, especially when i was trying to fit in a group. And when you're quiet it seems to them you're not there at all, and what botheres me most, is that you are so easy to make fun of.

I'm more talkative now but somehow I can't keep up with the others...yet :lol: , just trying to take a a little step at a time.

Online chat has helped me a lot to improve my conversation skills, cause in real life I had no practice, and it felt like hell to just stand there and had nothing to say, absolutely nothing, empty of words, of ideas, completley blank mind and of course, fighting SP in the same time.