Hello. I am new here.

Ambo

Hello everyone.

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Amber and I am 21 years old. I was NOT diagnosed but what I go through sounds like OCD. I have this thing about numbers. Everything HAS to be even... the volume how many things I eat...If I eat one thing I have to eat it in even numbers. I have to kiss my boyfriend in even numbers. Alot of people dont get it and think its funny to change the volume and watch me get anxious .. obviously its not funny... to me atleast. People also ask me if other certain things have to be even.. like how many times I take a shower. No that doesnt... but I never made the rules. Its just CERTAIN things make me really anxious and others dont. Is anyone else experiencing that?

First of all, hi and welcome to the site :D. Funny, I do the exact same thing, but with odd numbers. The volume is a big thing. It always has to be at an odd number, and I have to check and make sure a few times. With other stuff as well, like the number of steps etc etc etc.

osse

Hello, Ambo,
This sounds as OCD to me, but then I am not a doctor. OCD is a serious disorder and it should be treated by a doctor. I didn't know I had it until I went to see a psychiatrist, but I did not know what happened to me. Now I'm sure that as a child I already had it because I had some norms like that I had to make the same number of turns to one side as to the other one and I couldn't let go my anxiety until this was accomplished. With time, the number of rituals and rules tend to grow, this is why it needs treatment. Oh, and I wouldn't tell anybody about my rules, the vast majority of people do not understand and can be cruel. Once you realise that you can lessen your anxiety by other means other than rituals you'll feel a better, I'm sure.

Ambo

I figured it was OCD just by the anxiety I got when the volume was at say... 37 instead of 36 but I never thought it was a bad thing until one of my friends insisted the number stay odd.
I never tell people " the rules " of the disorder... they just ask stupid questions and it makes me think... why are some things ok and others aren't ya know?