Help, is this OCD?

Nickk

Hi,

I don't really doubt that I have OCD, but it is mild and not to the point that I cant control it (more or less). The thing is I have heard that obsessive intrusive irrational thoughts can also be part of OCD. I have (and have had for like 2 years, which is since I've been with my girlfriend) obsessive thoughts that are basically imagining my girlfriend doing every sexual thing that she could have with guys before me. I know what she did before me and I obsessivly go over it and go over it every single day. It is completely irrational, not the least of which because she did almost nothing before me. These thoughts are there everyday many times a day, I just can't control them. I have read (and really studied) a cognitive therapy book prescribed to me by my family doctor to get over this, and did all the exercises in it to get over this and it helped but these thoughts just aren't gone. They really really hurt me. I just go over and over and over them again and again and even though I know its completely irrational I just can't stop.

I am going to my family doctor in a few days to get a referral to a psycologist or psychiatrist to deal with this (I'm canadian I need a referral to see one). But because of my university ect. it may be a few weeks before I actually get to talk to a professional. Of course I am going to talk to a professional about this regardless, but I just can't wait a few weeks to know if this is associated with OCD or not.

Could these thoughts associated with OCD? I really just don't know just what kind of thoughts can be associated with OCD.

osse

Could these thoughts associated with OCD? I really just don't know just what kind of thoughts can be associated with OCD.
It seems so. All sorts of thoughts can be associated with OCD. The more they hurt you, the more they are going to come. Then I'm not a doctor, but that is what happens to me. I have heard of mothers with thoughts about hurting their children. I had less thoughts as I started to realize this. I stopped fighting them actively, but I let them go by opening an imaginary window.

Last edited:

matthew brownlee

what you are expierencing is obsessions in the form of images, they are univited pictures that are created in your mind, im pretty sure thats a sign of having some sort of ocd

Nickk

thank you guys....really....i felt really bad about myself for not being able to get over it. I'll talk to a professional about this as soon as I can but thanks for at least letting me know that it could be something that isn't my fault and doesn't make me a bad person...these thoughts hurt me so bad.