Help me please

Nirvana

I have this thing at my school called breakaway which is a totally kind of "free day" when you get "intouch with the Lord" (I go to a christian school) There is a service and fun and games and basically a whole lot of time the kids use to talk and hang out. Last year my anxiety really acted up at breakaway and I felt sad confused and alone. I was silent for most of the day like I am usually. Can someone give me adivice? Also I need a way to get ridof my SA.

redlady

I am not really good with that kind of stuff - but i get more invloved in the games and activities rather than the - trying to talk to people - side of things. Do you think that would be beyond you ? I just wonder around and have a look at everything and participate in this and that - you would be surprised at how 'in' to it you can get.
As for ridding yourself of SA - have you been to a doctor ? if not perhaps you should think about it. Ridding yourself of this beast is a hard task - but don't let me dismay you, it is not impossible.

paul

Hey, I have a very similar thing in my school called 'Big Day Out' which is basically a sleepover :)x) where you just hang out and do activities. I didn't want to do this but I decided to (partly by advice from people here). As Red has told me, the stuff you fear almost never happens - think back on other times when you've been to some social event. What you feared didn't really happen, did it? Unfortunately this does little to calm your anxieties. Do you have close friends at your school? They make it much easier to get through.

Getting over SA is definitely not a small job and it can take ages. Just remember to keep a positive attitude - because you really can get over it, even though it might not seem like it.

kattness

damn that sounds horrible...... i think its best that you do go, going through things like that is the first step to getting over this.
just take things slowly,no ones gonna force you to talk to them.
if you really feel you cant manage somewhere through the day say your sick or something.

just try not to think to deepy into this and keep breathin :p

also are you a fan of nirvana or is that just a random screenname?

Sue

i think it is very important that you keep trying even if therer is a high percentage of failure. dont ever give up. life doesent have to be like this. it took me years to even figure out what was wrong with me but the minute that i found out i started making decisions straight away.

i started making a huge effort to talk to people.
i used eye contact alot more which i found very useful. people tend to like it when you look at them instead of the floor for some reason. it lets them know that you are paying attention to what they have to say. well thats how i would feel. it makes a big difference.

i started making small steps i knew i could handle. talk to someone you trust and start making more small steps from there.

it will only work if you put in the hard work yourself because no one else can do it. its your life man. no one elses! :wink:

Nirvana

yeah I am a fan of Nirvana but when I made this screename I was studying buddhism and the goal of Buddhism is to achieve a state of of universal transcendance called Nirvana.

Bexi

Have you decided what to do about that day at school? Will you go in or not, do u think?x

Nirvana

Bexi said:
Have you decided what to do about that day at school? Will you go in or not, do u think?x
No I have to go to school tomorrow my mom pays too much money for me not to go unless iam sick or fake sick or something...

Nirvana

yeah I did tell my mom about my anxiety but she says the same thing every time... "You just have to work at it" I think what she says is complete bull because I have been working at it which makes it way worse.

Nirvana

yeah I used to be a cutter..... My parents "got it" when I showed them they knew I was depressed for about 2years before I started cutting so then they sent me to cousnseling but it still doesnt help. Old habbits die hard.....

Nirvana

Oh yeah and I went to school today I was about to make a social breakthrough when my anxiety jumped me and gave me a huge migrane and stomach pain. I layed in the school office until school ended which was about 2 hours wait.