Help on treatments and advice on SMOCD and ideas on the cause of it

mrsmith76

Hi everything on the forum, just seeking for help and ideas of my anxiety disorder.*

First let me start on how this all started, it was back in March when I became a home owner and was getting my life together and one thing I always had doctors telling me when I had my BP checked is it was high but I never thought anything of it but it was a month and a half being in my house and I was having chest pains, I also decided to get a home BP monitor and check it while I was relax at home and it was reading around 158/100 which is high, I was going to just make doctor’s appointment after a week of readings but it was a Friday night when the chest pains got worse and my BP got up to 172/101, I was thinking the worst, and thought I was going to have a heart attack but I try not to panic and then Saturday morning it read at 195/130 and then went right to the ER and they gave me something to relax and, did a EKG, blood work and x-ray and everything was ok, gave me some BP meds and got it drop to 135/80 and let me go and had me put on Metoprolol Tartate.*

After a few days my BP went up again but not as high but then after 4-5 days it seem the meds were starting to work, the chest pains went away and everything was ok for a while, my BP went down to 116/78 but sometimes it went down in the upper 90’s on top and then one day at church I started feeling really nauseous and my sight started to go. I have felt this in the past years ago but never fainted, but this time I was standing, and thinking I better sit soon, and then wake up laying the sit with people asking me if I was ok, the back of my head hurt and there was a bit of a bump there and there was a bit of one on my forehead, they said I hit my head when I fell.*
I felt dizzy and light headed and just not right after that, the entire week I just felt that way and that Friday when I went to the store I started to feel faint again and that night when I was watching a movie I started to become aware of my breathing ( in the past at rare moments I have had this for a minute or two, and also with the blinking but it went away) but this time, it last a lot longer, and the next day I kept having moments of thinking of my breathing, and becoming depress, and my BP was kind of low too.*

I check with the doctor and had my BP meds dose cut in half, and for two weeks I stopped feeling dizzy, my BP stayed around 115/78 and forgot about being aware of my breathing and then my BP dropped again in the 90s on the top number and later I started having the symptoms again, and then my BP started to get unstable, from being very low and then very high, I started noticing**my breathing wasn't right (like shortness of breath) and became aware again, took a few deep breaths and it went a away and came back, after a few times then my awareness of breathing came back and didn't go away the entire day and I felt really down, and had my first anxiety attack, and then the next day I still was thinking of my breathing and kept having these attacks if I thought of it too long and also awareness of blinking came along too, and also woke up at night a few times with the feeling of having trouble breathing, like I didn't want to anymore, this only last**a few minutes, but was shaking etc and found that I was having a panic attack, I finally switch BP meds, and my BP hasn't gotten high anymore, but does get very low at times, but I haven’t had any major anxiety or panic attack since on the new meds but I still have a bit of anxiety feeling and the**symptoms of thinking of my breathing and blinking are still there, just not as bad.*

Could meds and/or fainting and hitting my head cause any of this? I am a bit better, but this has been going on for over a month and want to find out from those that have had this for a long time if there is any methods they came up with to help when these thoughts come to mind. Also, if any of you that have this, any meds that help on this and which is best? Any books out there to help with this too? My doctor gave me Xanax which helps for 3-4 hours but don’t want to use that too much.*

Thanks, Andy :)