Hi I am new!

milky71

Hi

For many years I suffered with depression because I had intrusive thought's that were ruining my life. I went to therapy and got absolutely know where and tbh wondered what the hell was up with me, no therapist told me of OCD. My intrusive thought's were focusing in on me being scared of hurting people, it drove me into a depression. I spent a year on Oxacticin and it helped. But I still didn't know what this was. It was only when reading a news paper about OCD that I realized that my symptoms were exactly like that.

My symptoms come and go, it depends on how busy my life is and whether I have time to focus on these negative thoughts. I do however carry a lot of anger inside myself where I have be badly treated in past relationships and have been very let down by family and friends, and I think these thought manifest themselves from my experiences.

Reading other peoples experiences help me for a while but then the thoughts just creep back making my life awful for a few day's, until I can rationalize with myself. I hate OCD, it's taken huge chunks of my life away, how can i stop it? When it kicks in I feel weired and don't know whats real!

Ps I am a good person and wouldn't hurt a fly, so why do I believe these thoughts?

slimjim119

Welcome to the forum. I have suffered with intrusive thoughts as well. Keeping busy and your mind occupied definitely eases the anguish. Hope you find the answers your looking for.