Horrific Mornings!

durda_dan

well my OCD almost all seemed to pass. I don't seem to get it anymore. Until recently. But not during the day Like my mind says. "He's too tricky when he's concious. Lets get him when he's not paying attention"

I have had Nightmares everyday for a week. about violence *last night for example was beating 2 people to Unconciousness (one being a girl) and then Extinguishing cigarettes on their faces (i don't smoke by the way so thats kinda random)

But these nightmares i can't seem to wake up like I normally would if it wern't OCD related. Also when i wake up my anxiety is rushing, my heart beating , breathing heavy, and nausia but shortly after i brish my teeth and get ready for work. and then No more anxiety, no more OCD....
Only in my dreams!

has anybody else experienced something liekt his?
how could iget it to stop
i am goig to try sleeping pills this week

DaaaBulls

I would go and see someone about this, I think obsessing over stuff is one thing and even about hurting people but yours is getting pretty specific. And I would think about taking sleeping pills, they work great when you use them but I notice that when I don't use them I always always get the scariest night mares. The night mares where you wake up and are just delusional because you don't know what was real and just a dream.

Well I don't have OCD but I did have a simiilar experience. When I started back in college after being agoraphobic for more than a year I started having really lucid and vivid dreams and nightmares every night, it was really annoying and then I'd be so anxious going to bed as well as when I got up. I think it might have been the fact that I wasn't so anxious during the day for me, the same as you're saying. I had started doing normal things again so I think it was a bit like my anxiety kind of fighting back or something when I couldn't protect myself.
They went away after about two weeks, I guess my brain adjusted to my new environment and such. How long has it been going on for you? If you give it a chance it might go away, but if it's been going on longer than a few weeks I'm not sure!

Jay Cataldo

well my OCD almost all seemed to pass. I don't seem to get it anymore. Until recently. But not during the day Like my mind says. "He's too tricky when he's concious. Lets get him when he's not paying attention"

I have had Nightmares everyday for a week. about violence *last night for example was beating 2 people to Unconciousness (one being a girl) and then Extinguishing cigarettes on their faces (i don't smoke by the way so thats kinda random)

But these nightmares i can't seem to wake up like I normally would if it wern't OCD related. Also when i wake up my anxiety is rushing, my heart beating , breathing heavy, and nausia but shortly after i brish my teeth and get ready for work. and then No more anxiety, no more OCD....
Only in my dreams!

has anybody else experienced something liekt his?
how could iget it to stop
i am goig to try sleeping pills this week

It sounds like you are repressing some pretty heavy stuff (especially anger at women) and it's surfacing in your dreams. You need to see someone and get some work done on your emotional baggage. I recommend EFT or some type of body work like Reichian Therapy or Osho Pulsation. Sleeping pills aren't going to help unless they knock you into stage 4 sleep and keep you there throughout the night, but all this will do is prevent you from recalling these nightmares... not eliminate them or their cause, which is what you need to do. I'm worried you may snap at some point and do something in the real world that will have serious consequences.

And the joke in your signature line was kinda funny back in the day when it first surfaced, but it's really inappropriate on this board, since it just perpetuates the rampant animosity towards women that most of the posters here have. Not to mention, it's pretty disrespectful to our female members.

Man up and remove it please.

durda_dan

no problem, i don't wanna be offencive, i will take off the signature.

But repressing anger? it's true i am not an anry person, But i don't hold in any anger i get. and i don't have any hatred towards woman.... i don't think so anyway i love my girlfriend and I would do anything for her.

But speaking of. I don't have violent dreams anymore.
I have had very mild intrusive thoughts this week.
But last night i had a dream that someone (my manager actually) was telling me my girlfriend is cheating on me. which i woke up from that dream verbally no shes not.

I have posted before. about getting therapy, which where i am now isn't possible until july. as i am not in my home country. and i don't have enough money to see an english doctor where i am.

but iam trying to relax.

Edit: I found this after a posted

5. Dreams are indispensable. A lack of dream activity can mean protein deficiency or a personality disorder.

it made me feel better abot myself

also apparently we forget about 90% of our dreams after we wake up. i only seem to remember the Bad part of my dream.

But to be honest i don't know how i was fighting. and i dont even know if it was myself i was looking at. or for sure if it was a girl or a boy with long hair. I just know there were 2 people. One with long hair
and someone fought them and extinguisehed cigarettes on their foreheads.

Last edited: