how do u get medication or help?

lovelife

like myself i cant leave my house w/o wigging out . so how do i get help or medications?

I went to the er via ambulance to get help but was only turned down help. i explained to them what was going on with my situatuation how i cant leave my house w/o panicking. They said they couldnt help me. :?

and told me 2 go 2 the VA hospital so i then take an ambulance 2 the va hospital only to be turned down there aswell because the shrink didnt think my agoraphobia was service connected.

So my question is how n the heck do i get help and medications if i cannot leave my house?

Hi Lovelife, welcome to SPW!

Try Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). It's like CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) only better. You can learn ACT thru self-help workbooks, usually around $20. The latest one is called The Happiness Trap.

www.thehappinesstrap.com

Maybe they can come to you...

I'm a vet, too, and going to the VA is way too much for me to deal with right now. Where I live (PA) we have community healthcare, some offer Supportive Living services - they will come to you instead of you going to them. Also, your local public transportation system may offer transportation to and from appointments - if you recieve Medicare/Medicaid and/or any public assistance. The United Way sponsors some of these programs. Your state's website may also have a listing of what is available in your area, too.

biotech56

If you want medication. Go and see a psychiatrist.
If you want therapy such as psychotherapy or cognitive behavioural therapy, then see a social worker or therapist and they will direct you. They can also help with medication a bit. But they can't prescribe it to you.