How does your mate cope?

GinaMarie

I would like to hear stories of how your significant other copes with how you are. If its social anxiety, OCD, depression, whatever it may be. I want to know how your relationship is doing, what are the good things, what are the bad things. I want to hear about the people that give us our support. (And props to all the good supporters out there)

Whychosis

There's a lot I'd like to share but it's quite personal here. I actually typed out three paragraphs and just deleted it all after thinking about it some. I will say that it's difficult though. To go a little further, our sex life is really lacking because of it.

Ignace

They don't understand anything from me, why I don't go to parties with them etc. They keep asking me to go and why I don't go.. It's so exhausting to always tell them I don't want to, and then they're looking like they're eyes are falling out.:rolleyes:

GinaMarie

There's a lot I'd like to share but it's quite personal here. I actually typed out three paragraphs and just deleted it all after thinking about it some. I will say that it's difficult though. To go a little further, our sex life is really lacking because of it.

Well, now im curious about the three paragraphs. However I do understand that this is a very public forum. The reason I started this post is because I have had so much trouble in my own past relationships. I now have someone in my life that fits me and understands my differences....even appreciates them. I guess, because of all the trouble in the past.....I wanted to hear from others how the other side treats them.

GinaMarie

They don't understand anything from me, why I don't go to parties with them etc. They keep asking me to go and why I don't go.. It's so exhausting to always tell them I don't want to, and then they're looking like they're eyes are falling out.:rolleyes:

Haha! Ive been in that boat before. I do understand. Sometimes its easier to say, "I just dont want to go" rather than explain why.