I always knew i had something more then Social Phobia...

clairet

i've just read that article and could relate to many things within it. The most important thing is missing though - strategies for coping with being over-sensitive! Although there is a link to www.ultrasensitive.com - I'll see what that gives!

SPs tend to be over sensitive verging on paranoia as most of us will know. How do you all cope with paranoid feelings? I feel like i can emotionally feel others and sometimes feelings overwhelm me to the point where I am crippled by another persons emotions (especially negative ones).

JWH

I think ultra-sensitivity may just be part of anxiety. Nevertheless, it describes me well. I often find I am affected by other people's moods.

seek

clairet said:
i've just read that article and could relate to many things within it. The most important thing is missing though - strategies for coping with being over-sensitive! Although there is a link to www.ultrasensitive.com - I'll see what that gives!

SPs tend to be over sensitive verging on paranoia as most of us will know. How do you all cope with paranoid feelings? I feel like i can emotionally feel others and sometimes feelings overwhelm me to the point where I am crippled by another persons emotions (especially negative ones).

sometimes i see people on TV on talk shows - you can see that they are very nervous... its like i feel im in their shoes and i feel so much anxiety through myself... werid huh?

as for the paranoia i still havent found anything to help that. it just comes and goes form time-to-time. i wish i could train my mind to think about something else but it never works out.

seek

McShy said:
Something more than SP?! Aren't you getting just a tad greedy? Now you're making us that only have SA feel a little better. :wink:

yeah, i maybe looking into it more then i should. but it’s explaining a very harsh case of anxiety that i may or may not have. my doctor told me he seen alot of people with this...

and i hope you do feel better... i wouldnt wish this on anybody. :)

seek

hmmm, interesting... now that i have read this i have been doing some of the things that the Dr. has talked about on his site... its really helping me listen to my feelings and not just frighten away from myself and other people. i sure hope this tactic holds up.