I am such a cretin

worrywort

You're not a cretin!!!!! You're a wonderful person that just slipped up. I've done it loads of times! I got totally stoned out of my head once back in school and had the worst trip, and bunked the next two days off school!!! I just huddled in bed and watched eddie Izzard DVD's all day to try and cheer myself back up cause I was getting so low and paranoid!.....but you know, eventually it passed and I caught up and got back to my old self and everything was fine.....so try not to worry too much [I know, if you're like me, that'll be hard!].....I'd just try to use this christmas break to relax and recharge and then you can start again afresh in the new year.....as for catching up with work, does your college have a website or anything? My uni used to have all the module assignments online. If not, you could try emailing a teacher and explaining that you were ill and is there anything you missed or need to know, etc?...and could you pick up your art stuff another time? my uni used to be open over christmas most days....you could just nip in when no-one's around and pick it up then.

But don't feel bad.....we've all been there.

p.s. PLUS, presentations are bloody hard for anybody, let alone someone with SA so good job for even trying!!!

I honestly think that what happened to you yesterday was a very good thing. Maybe you'll learn from this incident that drinking ISN'T the way to cope with something. What if it had worked out well, you had gotten a bit drunk and then done the presentation? Then you would continue relying on alcohol to face your fears, which is a completely ineffective and harmful way.

Maybe this is your wake-up call. Alcohol is not something you should use as a crutch to get through difficult times, even though it can seem that way a lot.

I told my lecturers about my panic and they were very understanding and last year I was allowed give a presentation to just the three lecturers that were marking us, I didn't have to do it in front of the class. Maybe you could try something like that?

You'll be fine! good job for talking about it!

no1

Banned
yeah resentment sucks especially when you feel it's for a damn good reason.. but I may have so much of it. What to do with it? To me its like.. what a person is supposed to do when they are being attacked. Be defensive. Or be on the offensive. whatever. not just that it feels biological.

The following is kinda related to the thread title.. and describes how I feel like people hate me.
yep. I feel like everyone sees me as a cretin. Btw what does "thick" mean? apparently I was thinking it also meant stupid, or someone who is like.. having thick emotions, or emotionally thick life, or just someone who seems to take everything too seriously. It seems like everyone hates me, and then people go ahead and think or call me stupid, "thick" , whatever. It also feels like I'm always being targeted, and always looked at as ridiculous. I get so much arrogance. People think I'm a joke. Treat me like a reject of society (but it feels that on the inside I am more than the misperceptions), and I can't find anyone that can like me or understand me for who I really am. Not even God if there is one. Or it seems like.

Seems like.. I am like.. set up for disaster, and then people just afterwards talk sh*t or make me look like I am stupid. Like WTH.

and yeah.. kinda like.. getting drunk stupid to the point where you just look like some kind of a fool, or child, naive, whatever. you think it's ok, but it's not ok. you're just a damn idiot, and you have no idea. Or people just seem to want to hide it, and underneath it all they all just F*CKING HATE EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF YOU, like an obsession. How can people just hate me like that? well it seems like an obsession. maybe I have OCD, but for a damn good reason, because I've come across a lot of haters, and it so happens that it seems the entire creation thinks it's justified.

It does seem childish or naive of people to hate me so much. it does seem childish or naive for me to think people hate me so much also. Like I undermine them. I guess I understand now that people DO have problems, just not like mine, or they don't have an idea of mines, or just the wrong idea.. and an idea which makes me look ridiculous to them, or they just misperceive me. Maybe I can't blame them, but it DOES get personal.

maybe I just got a lot of this stuff in high school , and it's been hard to get over it.. and still think it's prevalent everywhere I go, with adults, with college members, everyone. It does seem kind of naive tbh the way people treat me. Or ignorant. And it may also be ignorant/naive for me to think this way. People seem to see me as naive, or childish, and ridiculous. Maybe I am. Though I still feel misunderstood. (kinda hard to understand though when the truth of everything really important has been hidden for so long from people) Don't judge me too much if at all. We all had gone through some "problems". Yeah I know not like mine though right?

It does seem like I will never get anyone to understand me or like me. I feel so absolutely stuck this way... and I'm not even sure if I am misperceiving things.

can anyone relate or am I alone in this?