I am writing a novel about Social Phobia....

GettingThere

Hi Alias,
Good luck with your book. It certainly sounds like a different approach (hero with SP) but given that some 7% of the public have SP at any one time (so I've read) then its probably about time it was done.
Who do you have in mind for the film role when your book gets picked up for a movie? lol :lol:

aliasgirl

Well funny you should say that Getting there.... :lol:
I am still considering actors for the leading roles......lol
But seriously, i think the story would make a great movie....lets hope there is enough dialogue to keep the story going for at least an hour and a half and not just someone sitting there watching everyone else LMAO

tommydog

:lol: "so if anyone wants to tell me thier life story, email me" hehe

alias girl .. you know what this sounds great. I like it that you want to include the funny side of sp aswell.

It sounds like an ambitous project, and ALOT of work. Not only for you, but for the person you will be working with ... your "subject" if you will.

one movie which has been mentioned here before is called buffalo 66, starring vincent gallo and christina ricci.

Its a great movie in MY opinion .. most people despise and and cant possibly understand why i think its hilarious. I relate to the guy thats why. Its about some very frustrated and angry man, and his relationship with a submissive girl. I dont really know what the point of the movie is .. if you ask me i would describe it as a satirical comedy.

It might be a source of inspiration for you

tommydog

I am still considering actors for the leading roles......lol

worry doll told me i look like vincent gallo .. is that a freakin coincidence or what LOL

so yer .. ill be in your movie if you want :lol:

aliasgirl

I shall have to try and find that movie at my local video shop (or should I say my second home :) ).

I think mixing the serious with the funny side of SP will make it a lot lighter instead of dwelling on the bad...to show we can still laugh at ourselves.

I just hope I can stay motivated and focussed on the job at hand...it is going to be a big job indeed.

Tommy, I will keep you in mind during the casting process!!!!

applesewer

Hi Aliasgirl, sounds like a great idea, good luck with it.

Here’s a cool link to this guy who makes comic strips about SP. It’s really funny, I thought it might help you.

http://www.angelfire.com/comics/sp-phunnies/index2.html

Also, talking of films, “punch-drunk love”, if you haven’t already seen it, is about a guy who seems to have a form of SP. In fact he’s got a whole bunch of psychological problems. But it’s a great film. I relate to it so much. It's got adam sandler in. It might help you aswell.

Anonymous

Read "Notes from the Underground" -- by Dostoyevski. It's a novel about a man with social anxiety disorder. Many of Dostoyevski's other stories have protagonists with this personality disorder.

Anonymous

thanks for all your tips folks.....I hope I can do it justice.

by the way, i recommend you all look at those SP funnies....particularly the one with the eye patch....LMAO.... :lol:

Anonymous

Here's the first song for the soundtrack to the proposed movie. People are strange by the Doors;
People are strange when you're a stranger
Faces look ugly when you're alone
Women seem wicked when you're unwanted
Streets are uneven when you're down

When you're strange
Faces come out of the rain
When you're strange
No one remembers your name
When you're strange
When you're strange
When you're strange

People are strange when you're a stranger
Faces look ugly when you're alone
Women seem wicked when you're unwanted
Streets are uneven when you're down

When you're strange
When you're strange
When you're strange
When you're strange
When you're strange

When you're strange
When you're strange
When you're strange
When you're strange
When you're strange

Fredscars

i like that song.
im writing a sort of story, it was going to be my creative writing piece for my english gcse, but its too private for me to show the teacher :oops:

Shadow

Good luck with the book, aliasgirl. I think it's a great idea.

Maybe in the future I'll give you my story. I don't like writing too much so it would be a huge task for me.