I cannot stand my hands to be dirty...am I the only one

EmO_tionAlChick

HeLLo to all, weLL to me idk if this is a dissorder or not but if I am opening up a can of cat/dog food ir messing with anything I just feel like my hands are dirty like I have to hurry and wash my hands even if their not dirty. It's not something that I'm constantly thinking of but it feels abnormal. I wash my hands like 10+ a day...am I considered weird or "ok weird" ?

Quasimodo

Sounds like you could have OCD...Have you tried not washing your hands after these cat food openings but your brain tells you something like you have to wash your hands no matter if there not really dirty?But if its more in your mind then maybe you could read up on OCD...

Tab

well if it makes you feel better I wash my hands before I eat or if I come in the house, after the bathroom, even after a shower (to put in my contacts in), after petting my cats or touching something for a period of time. Sometimes my hands feel sticky or dirty if I've touched something. I've thought about ocd, I think I have a slight case but i can handle it. Anyway ya I just feel like my hands are dirty so I have to wash them. It doesn't bother me but sometimes I feel as if I'm doing it too much.

EmO_tionAlChick

Tab said:
well if it makes you feel better I wash my hands before I eat or if I come in the house, after the bathroom, even after a shower (to put in my contacts in), after petting my cats or touching something for a period of time. Sometimes my hands feel sticky or dirty if I've touched something. I've thought about ocd, I think I have a slight case but i can handle it. Anyway ya I just feel like my hands are dirty so I have to wash them. It doesn't bother me but sometimes I feel as if I'm doing it too much.

Yes I think I have it minor, not severe like other's do. It's just all in my head I guess.

EmO_tionAlChick

Quasimodo said:
Sounds like you could have OCD...Have you tried not washing your hands after these cat food openings but your brain tells you something like you have to wash your hands no matter if there not really dirty?But if its more in your mind then maybe you could read up on OCD...

If I don't wash my hands after doing things it will literlly drive me crazy. I have t wash my hands and I've tried not to but I still do bc I feel like their contamenated or something.

dottie

if you are raised in modern society where cleanliness is expected then i would say it is pretty normal to wash your hands a lot. i think it is abnormal when people don't.

Quickslash

I do the same thing, nothing wrong with being super clean. I wipe my keyboard, mouse, and doorknob off all the time with alcohol.

If you wash your hands with soap, and touch something and it feels greasy, you aren't hallucinating...that thing is greasy! Other people just don't care enough to wash their hands enough as you. It gets exhausting tho -.-

My keyboard actually feels greasy right now so i'm going to wipe it off with alcohol and wash my hands lol