I had to do a presentation today

PhantomPod

It was a group project, and I had 3 other team members. I was the first one to speak. I don't think I did that great, as I kept just reading from the screen, kept fumbling with the paper in my hands, didn't make eye contact with anyone, and had my voice shaking like mad.

Yeah. Not good.

The only good thing I think was the fact that I didn't feel myself blushing. Plus the fact that the lights were dimmed helped my face not to turn red.

I took some deep breaths before I got up there, and was feeling good, but I pretty much fell apart once I got up infont of the class. I could barely talk properly, my voice seemed to be shaking so much.

grrr, I hate public speaking. But I do actually want to take a class for it, so I can try to overcome my fear I guess of talking infront of people. Maybe next semester at school I can take one.

aoao

awww

that sounds scary, at least you were brave enough to do it. public speaking should be outlawed.

paul

Hey PhantomPod -- glad to hear you got through it :) I bet you really didn't do as bad, our minds focus on all the bad things that happened and people in the audience problably were not thinking "wow... some mumbling... I hate this person!! :x"

Anyway happy to hear you got through it and yes I agree public speaking is awful.

Jeannie21

Hey, You did it!! That is a huge thing in itself. Congratulations! Every time you do a presentation, the easier it will be the next time, hopefully.

I have the worst fear of presentations. Last time I had a presentation, I thought i was really ready. had it memorized and everything. I came to the class early and I was watching all the people come into the classroom. I started to cry and couldn't stop as i watched the time get closer and closer to my presentation. Right before the class started, I left the class and went home and didn't do my presentation.

So for my next presentation, I will be happy if I am able to at least get through it.

young

What do you fear about public talking? Are you afraid of messing up your lines? Everyone makes mistakes to err is human. Just shrug it off and keep on going.