I hate the world

Recently I have noticed that I have turned very bitter on the world, with hardly a good thing to say about anyone/anything, I seriously have had to do a double take several times recently at myself when I noticed some venomous things coming out of my mouth, I think it is mainly when I see happy people just 'getting on' happily with their lives, without having to of been or be bogged down/ housebound with depression, anxiety, etc, like is so much the case with us people on this site.

I find I am bitter about everything when I think about it, anything from the fact that so many people fit into the same catergory, the fact that they have jobs, (money) to anything petty like that they have nice clothes, they look nice, college, great social lives, friends etc. Where as at the moment and for a long time I have had nothing like this.

All of this, I think, is because I am at a lashing out, angry stage at this point in my life, I have reached a point where I am beyond caring the s.a. way anyway, ie A life led full of fear and restriction

Does anyone identify with this?

Lexmark

I really should be bitter aswell
I guess when i see other people being happy i just dont care coz i know if i was in there shoes and wateva it was that was making them happy probably wouldnt make me happy anyway.

How long have you had depression and anxiety ?

2 years depression, agoraphobia 2 years too I think but I never had a social life outside of high school too so it could longer than 2 years.

Neph

yeah i am too very bitter at the world, and most of the person to person interaction along with it but i guess ive accepted it since i am going to live a while and i better get used to it because if you let the world run you over it will just pass you by so you better run along with it because it might get better

Ubersonic

Bitterness usually stems from jealousy. I'm guessing jealousy of non SA people in this case, and It's hard not to be. It's so tough for us while it's easy for them, but why????

Answer: Life is unfair, and that sucks major ass.

cobalt_bluester

Strongly identify with you

hi there. I can identify very strongly with this indeed. Often all I can see is happy people and wonder why can't I be more like them i.e. friends, generally happy and content with themselves and their existances etc etc. I have come to learn that depression is just like any illness and can happy to anybody, it's totally random. Because it's a mental health issue, and people like to feed off positive mental health we are often left feeling totally rejected, despondent and generally very unhappy about where we are with our lives. We have to try and be strong and hold onto the fact that one day we may just start to feel that bit better and hopefully be able to move on with our lives.