i need as much help as i can possibly get ASAP

aligurl09

omg i feel like my life is the worst that it has ever been. my social anxiety is ridiculous and i commute to college. it started last monday and ive got off fridays but i havent been to classes yet. i know. i missed 2 classes 3 times and 2 classes twice.. last week was still registration week so im sure that wouldnt be a big deal but i think that since i missed again and havent been there yet i jus dunno if i can ever go and i jus feel sick and ridiculous and i jus dunno wut to do. i hopeless.. :oops: how can i fix this problem? :wink: plz help me.

paul

I think a lot of us can relate to how you're feeling right now! First, you're not hopeless. If you're hopeless, than 95% of the people on this forum are hopeless too. So let's just leave it as you're not hopeless :wink:
In school I feel scared and sick too - and as you know, thinking "this is ridiculous! they're not actually judging me" does not help at all.
Are you on medication? I have no experience with medication at all (seeing as 1. I am too young to take it and 2. I'd like to beat this disorder without using medication). But it can help and can be the push you need to start getting over SP.
Unfortunately it's not easy to feel socially confident and impossible to do it overnight. A positive attitude always helps (most annoying thing to hear, I know :roll:) but if you think "this is horrible, my life is awful!" (I'm not saying that you are :wink:) then there is nil chance that you will get over it.
I'd start with little goals - even so small as trying to look up when you're walking on the street. Eventually, although it is hard, you might be able to progress on to bigger goals. And you can always reward yourself when you complete one :) but if you don't, there are other opportunities. And remember to keep a positive mindset even if it feels unnatural.

I hope this helps! Good luck with beating this terrible disorder.

J

As nearly impossible as it is right now, get yourself to your classes! If you don't, the professors will drop you from the courses, and you'll be paying a year's tuition for nothing. If you can't handle school this semester, notify the school ASAP and see if/how much of a refund you can get (and put that cash towards getting some treatment). Good luck!!

aligurl09

8) hey well thank u to everyone who gave advice i guess the only thing ot do would be to go ... have ne of u ever been in this type of situation? and if so how did u deal?

Hurricane

well...since you asked for it ;) I started my first year of college a year ago, at first I took all classes (what was very difficult for me, always afraid I'll have to say something in class), after a couple of months I started going less and less, so eventually I just quit college, I did a couple of jobs and realised I'd still rather go to college then keep working, so next month I'm off to college again....I still don't know how I'll be able to cope but I'm a hell lot more motivated since I hated working so much

ricky

1st year of college it was like that with be, but after 2 months i got into it and my sa totally went. was great. its back again though and im really strugling to do my 3rd year. im feeling sick all the time. Its hard to get back into the swing of things, but the best thing i think your can do is jus try n keep going no matter how you feel, which may be hard but i think its the only thing that cured me for a year. at the min though i feel like its torture to stay at col ne longer than a min, n thats if i get ther 8O

aoao

aww, just hold your head high and try not to miss much class.. attending is the best way to be guaranteed a good grade 8) i found that out when i took a part time college class over the summer. i got anxiety when i was in school, but it wasn't too bad. i cut class because of the social fear. then someone was like "ACTUALLY GO TO SCHOOL OR YOU'LL FAIL, DAMN" and i listened and i got an A in the class. yaay. full-time college is probably a different story ._. especially if you go to a university.. they have scary fraternity people and stuff. just don't let people give you any crap, and keep trying to attend as much as you can so you can insure good grades!

aligurl09

but wut about if i never showed up yet arent i making an ass of myself? i guess i could use the excuse that it was still registration week

aligurl09

heya

heya i always com here for advice but in reality its jus cuz im anxious bout my current situation and i know the answer to my probs neways i always do its so obvious that i know what i have to do and jus snap out of my shyt and thats the end of it.. im sick of getting myself into situations i feel i cannot get outof but theres always a way to get thru everything n i have always gotten thru everything else in life wut makes me feel as thought i cant get thru this? bcuz i can and thanx for advice but ultimately its my life and i have to make my own decisions.. i know wuts rite for me so i have to do everything in my power to overcome ne problem in life