I need help getting rid of my NOW minor OCD.

gingerbread153

I've had OCD since I moved which was 9 years ago. It was extremely bad the first few years. My parents never believed that I had OCD and they thought it was all in my head which I'm sure is common.

I've had extremely bad anxiety attacks and it is definitely the worst feeling in the world. When I have anxiety attacks it feels like I can't breathe, I get dizzy, my stomach hurts and my heart is pounding.

Two things have ridden my mind of anxiety/OCD. Music and the love of my life. My OCD and anxiety have been at an all time low ever since I met the love of my life in January. We've been together for about 1 year and he is the most amazing person in the world.

Right now my OCD is extremely minor but I'd love to get rid of it completely. I still can't touch door knobs in my house and I wash my hands alot. I can't do anything twice. It has to be three or more times before I'm satisfied. Very minor things like that.

If I get 2 paper towels and try telling myself that it's okay that I got 2, a voice inside my head says it'll put bad thoughts inside my head, so I go back and get a third towel.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can get rid this now minor case of OCD? It would make my life so much easier. :) Thanks!

Oli21

I do the same thing with door knobs when I'm leaving any bathroom. I can cope with it pretty easy, I would actually be delighted if I did it with every door knob aslong as "Intrusive thoughts" dont occur.

My advise to you is;

Fight your OCD, Do what its trying to make you not to do. For example.
Open those doors, dont wash your hands.