I need help, my sister crys constantly, wont talk...help!

AsPerIn

This is a serious peoblem, my sister cries and cries and does not stop. She wont talk to me, she suffers from sp, but will not talk to me or anyone in my family. This is becoming unbearable, this is the worst i have seen her. I love my sister, but she wont accept help from me or anyone. Her sp is getting worse day by day, so is the crying..... She not been happy for the longest time, she says there is no hope, it angers me. In my opinion, i think she has the idea that i'm not worth talking to, or i'm at too low an itellectual level to understand her problem. Or maybe perhaps i'm the cause of her problem, i don't know... This really hurts me, she is deathly afraid of people, she won't answer the door, or even the telephone. Any ideas or info would be helpful, I can't stand seeing her this way..

sensitive

first of all i am sorry to hear that and my best wishes to you. so u don't have SA so why u joined this website, is it for ur sister? or u have SA too. i am not understanding this, why ur sister refuses to talk to you. you are trying to support her so what is wrong with her, i guess there could be something you may don't know so first of all u have to check if SA is the real reason or are u sure it is?

FruitLooPs

Ok this could potentially be a rather serious situation, do you literally mean she cries for hours and hours straight of every day or not?

I know when I got to my worst, because of my brother it was horrible. Because he had really put his foot in it and he wanted to fix it, so at every turn he was trying to talk to me and literally following me around trying to talk to me. I wanted to punch him in the face, in the end i just left straight - and walked across my city, and back.

I needed space, now i'm not saying thats what your sister wants - but be aware that if you keep pressing you end up pushing them away and causing more hassles. On the other hand its also really good to let a person know you care and want to help.. :?

Maybe she would connect better with a pet or something, maybe get a cat - hmm thats probably a bit of a random answer to the problem lol.

Sorry I cant really help, I hope your sister gets better though! :D

jesuschristschild

tell her you love her and your there for her to help, and not to be afraid to ask,

no pressure, just let her know...in a loving vulnerable way

ill pray for her

much love to you, and i wish the best....whats her name btw

AsPerIn

I had sp, but am recovering quite nicely. Now for the issue of my sister, the poor girl will not disguss her issues with me, if anything i'm the one nagging her. She hides away in the bathroom and cries, she cries when she is studying, when she is eating, she just cries. I am crushed that she wont talk to me, or my parents. She was diagnosed with sp, but refused treatment, our family does not believe medications like antidpress. and so fourth to be a perminant solution. I also refused meds. She needs to change her lifestyle. She has so much unwarrented fear. My family and i want the best for her, but we can't help if she wont tell us whats going on.

sensitive

FruitLooPs said:
Maybe she would connect better with a pet or something, maybe get a cat - hmm thats probably a bit of a random answer to the problem lol

this is a good idea :)

AsPerIn

My sisters name is Mary. I'm trying to get her to come to church with me, but it is difficult. She has sp, I can't get her to eat alfesco with me let alone go anywhere!!! I recieved a major healing last week, i want to see her healed of this to. I demand restoration in her life, because by His stripes we are made whole!!!! Amen!

jesuschristschild

AsPerIn said:
My sisters name is Mary. I'm trying to get her to come to church with me, but it is difficult. She has sp, I can't get her to eat alfesco with me let alone go anywhere!!! I recieved a major healing last week, i want to see her healed of this to. I demand restoration in her life, because by His stripes we are made whole!!!! Amen!

Amen my Bro in Christ

remember Jesus said "with God nothing is impossible".......pray believing this, because God is far from a liar.....he can turn the sun, he can surely turn your sisters heart, remember he said "do not think that you chose me, but i chose you, that you may bare fruit, fruit that will last"

he can bring her to him, just pray with faith and love, and be patient

she will come

just believe.....the only limits on God are the ones in our faith

AMEN

much love

AsPerIn

Well, feel free to call me your sister in Christ, just a heads up. Thanks for the inspiration. He healed me, she knows it and can't deny it. People tend to notice a crooked back made straight. He did away with my sp, although its up to me to make the effort to step out.

jesuschristschild

my fault my sis :)

haha

well yeah congrats anyways

i dont know what your social phobia is exactly, if all ours are the same symptoms

but my advice to you is to pray for the strength not to worry, and remember, any sorta deciet is a lie....so do your best to be as much yourself in public as possible, if fears direct you away, just face them, were only human, we have to make mistakes otherwise were made up robots lol, but have love for everyone, like Jesus said "where theres love, theres no fear".........

put your heart, mind and soul in Jesus hands and he will do miraculous things with you

KEEP PRAISING

CHRIST FOR LIFE
LIFE FOREVER!!!!

FruitLooPs

AsPerIn said:
We have a cat, her name is Muffin, we love that cat, such a cutie.

Get her to confide her problems to Muffin then :wink: talking to anyone/anything about your problems can help.

Not to sound rude or anything, is she a strong christian like you? Would she possibly be crying because of something other than SA?

Like accidental pregnancy or something, yeah I know i'm probably like a 1000miles off base with that one, of course its highly unlikely if she is in her room all day everyday heh.

When was she diagnosed, and did she refuse the meds or did your family - or did she because of your family?

Sorry i'm probably being far too probing, I just want her to get better. :)

AsPerIn

She is not really a practicing Christian and questions her faith a lot. She has explored some other religions. I know that she has some problems at school, and fears of failure and humiliation. I would say that most of her emotional upsets are related to education in some way. Does anyone have any ideas on how i can get her to open up to me? Has anyone ever dealt with this kind of situation before?

black_mamba

Hey AsPerIn.

Argh, I really really wanted to post a wonderful reply with lots of great advice, but I can't. My sis (15 year old) behaves in the same way and it concerned me so much that I tried everything to help. She had issues with her school, it was atrocious with bad teachers, drug abusing students and lots of bullies - worst in the area basically. I ended up writing my sis a little comic about what her options were educationally, but she didn't care. I don't think she even bothered reading it. I even posted a topic about her on this forum just like you, but no one knew what to do in such a situation.

The point is, we can't really force people to get help. All we can do is present them with the options: doctors, medicine, therapy, friendly chats with friends or relatives, godknowswhat...and let them decide what path to take. Trying to offer support to someone who won't even speak to you can be heartbreaking though... :(

FruitLooPs

Kezada said:
sounds like (chronic) depression

Kezada

Yes it does actually, my dad has chronic depression - the onset was when he was around 18-19 but it could well be earlier for others. His mum didnt know what to do with him.

Maybe you should look into that.