I need some closure or serious help.

ughih8ocd

Alright so, i believe i have ocd or maybe even something else that's far worse who knows, i've never been to a doctor and i don't plan on going to one anytime soon.

to get to the point i have to perform these rituals back and forth until it feels 'right' because i feel like i can alter peoples lives or i can alter how they live or die i basically feel like i posses some kind of mythical power that's real.

i know you're saying it's silly but i have had said before in my head like 'Oh I'm gonna wake up at exactly 6:43am'

the morning i wake up and look at the time it's 6:43am and it's been like that for the past couple months, it's driving me crazy!

i can't put on socks, put on my clothes as a matter of fact without having to take them off and put them back on when i have a good thought

do i have some kind of power or entity inside me or am i just ****ing crazy?

i need closure please people! this ocd bullspit needs to go can't live like this anymore

No, you're not crazy or have special powers. Waking at a set time and other similar stuff is quite common; I suspect its got to do with humans being mathematical creatures.

You do seriously need to have a chat with a doctor, though. OCD and other anxiety problems are best tackled with some professional help. So why not?
:)

Yeah, our minds have an internal clock so if you say "alright brain 6:43", If it's close to the time you normally wake up, you may just get it right every time. The more you do it, the easier it is for your brain (and of course when I say brain, I mean you. Since you are essentially your brain).

As far as determining others lives, well that's halfway true too. Every single thing you do affects someone else, whether they realize it or not. It's always the smallest things that make the biggest impacts.
Just don't go thinking you're psychic. It's my opinion that psychic only comes from your experience and your brain recognizing patterns, so it can make an assumption that is correct that your conscious self never thought about.
It's all just instincts.
You do need to talk about this with a doctor though and get professional help, so they can give you their own expertise.

Last edited:

MollyBeGood

Hey OCD is real and it can helped with cognitive therapy. I just watch the series "Obsessed" and it showed people with it getting help. You just have to get a therapist who will literally walk you through all your stuff physically and get you to talk about it while you obsess and you learn to get over the thoughts that way. I hope that advice helps you some and sooo many people have it so your not alone. Your anxiety should really come down when you get help.

Don't worry, you're not crazy, and neither do you have life threatening powers. You're not going to kill someone by just living your life. I used to think very similar like that, I thought I had the power over giving/taking people's luck, and using it in my advantage. And I was convinced it was real.

It turned out however that it was all in my head. I was so fixated on it, that I didn't allow myself to show myself that it was actually me playing tricks on myself. The power of suggestion is a strong one. We can even lie to ourselves, when we try hard enough.

If I may trust the people here, OCD is treatable. I'm not sure how, but I'm fairly certain there are self help books, and specialized therapists/psychologists that can give you the guidance you need.

For now, just know, you won't kill anyone by just living your life. Whenever you get these thought, try to physically say that to yourself. You're not crazy.

OCDavid

Definitely see a doctor. I knew I had OCD for a while before doing so, and it was a mistake.

I have also had to repeat rituals because my mind has made me believe others would die or something bad would happen to them if I didn't. I can understand you thinking there might be some entity inside you. I have often thought of OCD as like having the devil inside you. I sometimes think of it as a different person.

I made my biggest improvements with my OCD when I realized how to go about it. I realized that avoidance was making the problem worse so I set out to constantly do things that scare me. The expectation was that doing this would soon decrease my anxiety. I was right. I made astonishing rapid progress in reducing my anxiety. I keep pushing myself out of my comfort zone, and fairly soon I am optimistic I will not meet the clinical definition of OCD. Many people here have had concern they might molest young children despite being disgusted by the ieda. Typically they avoid being around children as much as possible, but this is a mistake. If they spent a lot of time with children and didn't act on their fears they would start to learn that the fear probably isn't realistic.