idiot

Anonymous

i was just supposed to go and see a counsellor in college an i didnt go, i dun even no why i missed it last week as well..I feel like fucking shit right now why the hell didnt i go? That woman (who came in especially to see me) wont be bothered with me now and why should she. My life is gonna carry on the same shitty way it has forever. Someone tries to help me and I fuckin throw it back in their face wtf I may as well go ahead an top myself I dont wanna be a burden t everyone anymore

aliasgirl

Stop that right now, do ya hear???? :) I have been down on myself lately calling myself all sorts of names and do you know what? It doesn't help and it certainly doesn't achieve anything. Just let it go and think about doing something about it tomorrow...so what, so you didn't go to your appointments..no-one is going to crucify you for it. Make another appointment and go to that one.
Smile and think, tomorrow I shall do what I have to do and I shall forget about all the yesterdays....

Anonymous

I've been wanting to go see a college counselor for weeks now. I just can't get up the fucking nerve. I know how you feel though. I've also been pretty down on myself lately. It's just hard to figure out where to start. I just can't help but tell myself I'm going to be alone forever and there's nothing that will change that.

Anonymous

When I decided to go back to school, I had some credits left to go, on a 2-year degree. I drove through the parking lot 3 times on 3 different days weeks apart before I went inside the building. The first time I walked in the building, I just walked in to see where stuff was and then I left. The next time I actually went to the wall display where the catalogs and apps were.

Then I think I intentionally procrastinated so I had to wait months to enroll. When they showed me my transcript from the 80's, it was written with a typewriter.

I took 3 classes, but dropped one because I was late on the first day and was too embarassed to walk in. I was even too freaked out to return the textbook I bought for the class.

I quit my job.

Then I moved 300 miles to a University, drank damn near everyday. I made friends, but let's face it, I was just the 'old-skool wierd guy, 80's dropout reject.' Which was cool with me, cause that's what I was.

Small victories. After getting that process going, moving to a university seemed more doable. I was freaked out about it, but the freak out was over the hassle of moving etc. It was just the conclusion to the school phase, finally get the degree.

Just get some momentum going. You'll do wonderfully. Socially I sucked and still do, but career-wise, it is the only good decision I've made.

aligurl09

hey!

:) hey! what's up? why didn't you go? was this yer first time missing or yer second? i have gone thru something like this before.. ill miss an appointment or a class jus becuz.. i have SA and sometimes i let it take over n i jus dont go to something i know i need to go to and that totally fucks with my life... i feel like shit for doing it and i fele like an idiot.. so whats goin on with u?

Anonymous

thanks guys I'm amazed sometimes that people here can be so compassionate..a little while after posting that I realised it was a stupid post I was jus feelin a little depressed at the time thatsc mainly why I wrote it, I honestly didnt I'd get any replies! so anyway I phoned the counsellor and everythings ok now I just rescheduled the appointment. It does happen sometimes tho I don't bother goin to things (classes, parties, appointments) just cos of my depression and sa it's a pain in the neck cos I always feel so friggin guilty afterwards!

Take care all :D

dan246

Last semester I had a presentation for one of my classes. I was supposed to work with a group of 5 other people. I missed our first meeting. I apologized and they said I could probably catch up on the next one. Then I missed the second meeting. I just avoided them so I didn't have to explain why I missed it. Finally, the night before the presentation, I emailed the group and told them I had made 3 pages of notes and knew the material extensively. I also decided to try and explain why I missed the meetings. I told them I had SA and tried to give a good explanation for why I wasn't there. I knew it wouldn't make sense to them. Anyway, they emailed me back and told me it was too late. So I gave up 25% of my grade because I was too scared to meet with my group. As mad as I was at myself, I must admit I was somewhat happy I didn't have to give a presentation. I still managed to pass the class.

toeknee

Hi Guest

I'm glad you rescheduled to see taht counsellor! And I'm sure they understood why you didn't make it the first time. I was seeing a therapist for 5 years and I had to stop because of financial problems but the way my life is going now I feel I need to see him again. What spured me in the first place to go and get therapy was a situation I was in some years back in a pub with my female friends. Because of some misunderstanding a man in his 50s was being very verbally abusive to us and rather then stand up for myself and them I cowered and looked down at my drink! I felt so ashamed and decided enough was enough.
I have been in situatiions like trying a new class but only to get outside the door and just feel like running away!.

aligurl09

well i feel thesame exact way n it makes me feel so guilty but i have to elarn how to jus do it and then keep going n going n getting better n better n not making such a huge deal over what i did... but worry more about the now and what i gotta do the next day n the next not what happened last week or even yesterday

Shadow

Well done. It took guts to ring up and make another appointment. I'm sure the counsellor will be understanding. I obviously can't speak for every counsellor and psychologist but all the ones I've seen or are seeing (about four) have been very friendly and understanding. Remember that these people understand what you're going through better than the majority of people. Stick at it and I'm sure you'll start to feel much better.