I'm Back For More

Ok, so I posted on here a while back with a few thoughts and questions.

I'm back to ask a few more.

Firstly, does glycopyrrolate(robinul etc.) have impotence as a side effect? Cos if so, I'll take occasionally sweaty hands over it any day.

Secondly, do the secure wipes only have one use per wipe?

Thirdly, does topical glycopyrrolate have less side effects than oral use? It seems to be a logical conclusion.

Fourthly, has anyone used a silicone based cream/gel to stop palmar hyperhidrosis?

Lastly, am I missing out by not trying aluminium based antiperspirants? I reckon heavy metals are not good for you in general but if it was 100% effective then I might ignore possible side effects.

fastball2929

I don't know about impotence but after using it for a week I've been terribly sick the last 4 days. Had high fevers of up to 103 and constant shaking/jitters. The odd thing is that I've never really heard of this side effect before after researching the drug thoroughly.

fastball2929 said:
I don't know about impotence but after using it for a week I've been terribly sick the last 4 days. Had high fevers of up to 103 and constant shaking/jitters. The odd thing is that I've never really heard of this side effect before after researching the drug thoroughly.
Hmm...that's no good. How's the sweating though?

I reckon botox seems to be the only treatment with minimal side effects, other than a lighter wallet. :p

fastball2929

Well after upping my dosage to 4mg in the morning I seemed to get drastic (though not complete) reduction in sweating. I'd say something like 70%.

fastball2929 said:
Well after upping my dosage to 4mg in the morning I seemed to get drastic (though not complete) reduction in sweating. I'd say something like 70%.
That's not too bad I guess, but has the sickness reduced?

Aramid

Aluminum chloride solutions are not really bad. They had bad outcomes for your health if taken in large doses. Use Aluminum chloride solutions moderately and necessary to avoid certain health problems. I just applied it on my palms, armpits and soles of the foot for 4 consecutive nights. It worked satisfactorily but may wear off its effectiveness for a year or a half.

BiGz

Aluminum based deodorants are all I've being using for the past few years every day. Does concern me a little but its so readily available and seems to work well.

fastball2929

How much % aluminum chloride does your deodorant contain? And do you have to apply it every night to see effectiveness? This one aluminum chloride bottle I have says I need to take it for several days until I see a stop in sweating and then I only need to apply it a few times a week. Also, how much effectiveness did you see? Particularly for the palms.

caulfield1

The bottom line is that side effects can occur with any drug but with robinul , once you stop the drug the side effects should go. Glycopyrrolate in cream form definitely has less side effects but doesnt tend to work as well. in my experience it works better for faces than other areas possibly as the skin is thinner in these areas. Always worth a shot before trying more aggressive treatments.

I really want to to try either robinal or some other glycopyyrolate based drug but it seems to mess with your body quite a bit. I don't think hyperhidrosis affects me that badly so I would only take it if the side effects were minimal.

Also, I value my brain over my hands so I'm a little scared about aluminium based antiperspirants, what with the alzheimers scare and all.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2671833?dopt=Citation

Maybe I'll give robinal or avert a go and see how I feel.

Azzyras

Rubinol

Hey Guys,
I guess I am one of the lucky ones with very minimal side effects with Rubinol(Glycopyrrolate) whether generic or not. I take 2 pills a day; 2mg each. One in the morning before breakfast, and 1 about 4 hours later. The only side effect I have noticed is dry mouth, but in my case very tolerable, especially when I think about the how I used to feel without it.
Result: 99.9% dry all day and night. It even reduced the sweating in my feet by 80%, my feet don't smell at all, really strange.
Anyways I have enjoyed this feeling since about a year and half ago.
Good luck!

margiehope

I'm also one who's had few side effects with Avert (Canadian brand name for glycopyrrolate. The darn trouble is that everyone's different, and you can also have different reactions at different times.

I start most days with 2 2mg pills--may up it to 3 if it's really hot or I'll be more active than usual. I get dry mouth sometimes, and sometimes not, but it's never so bad I'd rather be pouring with sweat!

We've had a real spell of hot humid weather where I am--I do prespire a little--but a little's OK, and probably a good thing.

Hope you'll find what works best for you.