I'm going to lose my job and everything just sucks right now!

I have had my "new" job for a couple weeks now... but I can't get to it! I spend hours getting to work. I have to get up at crazy o'clock to be there on time. It's wearing me down.

So... I decided to drive again. It would slash the time it takes to get to and from.

I can't do it though. I am like a frightened little mouse behind the steering wheel. These roads are narrow and pitch black. I can't do it... just something else I can add to my list of failures.

I know I shouldn't be sitting here feeling sorry for myself... I should just shut up, get some balls and drive. I know I won't though... I will dwell about my little venture out today for weeks.

Feathers

Sorry to hear about the tough times... I don't like driving either. EFT helped me a bit when I had to drive, maybe you could try it?

Hope you manage to keep your job or get a better one!

ImNotMyIllness

Take public transportation for now. Then on your days off, with a friend, family member, therapist, practice driving with them until you have enough confidence to drive alone.

MikeyC

Take the drive to work in the daytime on one of your free days. Do it back and forth a couple of times in the sunlight if you have to, just to get familiar with the area. It might help you alleviate the night driving anxiety.