In need of some help and advice

medlam

Im new to this froum and i've had a sweating problem for nearly 5 years now, its taking my life away and stolen some realy good opportunities from me. i seem to sweat all over my body and allways feel very hot, sweating on the face is the worst part because its the hardest to hide. im still nervous and emmbarrased about going to the doctors and reading this froum about the possiblity of no cure and it not been taken seriously makes me feel even worse. if anyone could answer some of these questions or give general advice i would really appreciate it

is hyperhidrosis taken seriously in the u.k ?
should i just go to the gp and expalin or should i see a specalist?
Whats the most popular form of treatment for facial sweat ?
Is it linked to diabetes ?- as my grandad had it and i fear the worse
can it be cured or just 'controled'?

i know everycase is diffrent but if anyone can give me any advice on the first step to overcoming this i would really appreciate it, those who have this condition know how fucked up things can get and im struggling to deal with it

Thanks

HH

is hyperhidrosis taken seriously in the u.k ?
>I hope so, if not i'm gonna kick some butt

should i just go to the gp and expalin or should i see a specalist?
>definately go to your GP, if he/she is a asshole then find someone else. Luckily I have a very good gp and he knows about my sweating. I know its embarrasing but they've seen worse things then sweat and for me the embarrasment of dealing with HH day to day far out weighed going to see my gp.

Whats the most popular form of treatment for facial sweat ?
>I think things like secure wipes, odaban, medication like avert, or botox

Is it linked to diabetes ?- as my grandad had it and i fear the worse
can it be cured or just 'controled'?
>don't know