in the same dating situation?

petalsfalling

do any of you feel that your condition is at a point where you feel that only dating someone else with the same conditions (like SA, facial blushing, hh, etc/) is the only genuinely comfortable path of dating for you?

Hoppy

I've found I'm mostly attracted to people who is as opposite from me as possible.

I can't asnwer your dating question.

Feeling_Nothing

I've found I'm mostly attracted to people who is as opposite from me as possible.

I can't asnwer your dating question.

I feel exactly the same, something about their confidence, "looseness" (not even sure thats a word) and general conversation skills attract me :)
They make me do things I never found the courage to do.

Kinetik

My woman is the polar opposite of me. She's proactive with absolutely everything, constantly active, fights for her rights and is on the ball with all that's important. I admire that so much, although I could never lead that sort of life myself. But they do say opposites attract.

Flowers-Of-Bloom

Yes, absolutely. Unforunately the likelihood of finding a guy with SA and/or AvPD (irl) and actually being approached by him is extremely low. A lot of the extroverted men intimidate me and don't think they would understand my condition so I try to avoid those types. I hope that relationships in which both people have SA can actually work out, otherwise I'm doomed.

Sprawling

I have drippy hands, was married 15 yrs and had several long term relationships. What's interesting is over time you'll find that when you are alone with that special someone, HH can be under control. That is when you are alone with them.

FallenFeathers

In short yes. I would love to meet/date some with similar issues to me. But I do think you have to be careful... if your lucky you give each other strength, if your unlucky it can be quite toxic and you drag each other down,

Jezza

I have drippy hands, was married 15 yrs and had several long term relationships. What's interesting is over time you'll find that when you are alone with that special someone, HH can be under control. That is when you are alone with them.

That's a nice thing to look forward to. Still, can't picture myself not having the faucets in situations were some excitement (good or bad) is going on. For me pretty much any strong emotion negative or positive, temperature diffs or physical activity turns on the sweating (and turns off the woman :rolleyes:).

Anyway to answer the question; I once had some contact with a girl who suffered from HH pretty much the same way I do, she lived whithin a reasonable distance from where I live and I reached out to her on a HH forum in my native language. 'Twas some years ago so back then we exchanged emailaddresses to chat via MSN, exchanged photographs etc, had a couple good conversations. It reached the point where I was really thinking about do I take a next step here or not. Thought about it a lot, decided against it. I just figured in the end both having the same affliction isn't the best basis for a relationship, especially not long term where you might even think about some very sweaty offspring (I wouldn't want that on my conscience). I kinda let it bleed to death before it got close to potentially dating which was a lame thing to do either way. Sometimes regret that decision but simple fact is, IF you look for a relationship and you're not intend on ending it whithin a certain time from the get-go, in the end I think it's going to be a bad situation when you both have the same affliction.

I think I'll have to find me an HH-less woman who likes to be with me despite the HH and who I like to be with regardless of my own HH situation. That however is one of the trickiest things with this thing.

Last edited:

Iluv

My ex was the polar opposite. He was loud, outgoing, likeable (at first), confident and not afraid of where he came from/where he was. It is quite weird how we attracted to each other but in a way I can see how. I was considered 'laid-back' and his reaction was he never came across any girl like me before, so it interested him I assume.
I haven't come across anybody in real life with SA (that I know of at least or even faintly remember.) But, you never know ....

this_portrait

Doesn't sound like a bad idea, in fact it seems more preferable. I'm getting kinda tired of these "normal" dudes. One guy I dated a few times claimed to have kind of a mild form of SA and could seem to relate to me. My ex claimed to have SA as well, though I doubt he does (he's got SOMETHING, I dunno what, but it isn't SA).