interesting observation

gg1101

So, I use a Panoxyl Benzoyl Peroxide bar on my face in the shower. Benzoyl Perozide is known for its drying effects on the face as well. When I get out of the shower, my hands are always really dry. I don't suffer from HH on my hands, just my underarms, but has anyone tried benzoyl peroxide on their hands to dry them out?

Jezza

Hi,

I do have palmar HH, but when I'm really relaxed and doing nothing my hands can still be really dry, even uncomfortably so. However, when I subsequently realize they are, there we go again.

Taking showers and using soap in general dries out the skin, but ultimateli it doesn't help HH...but then again I'm not sure what the substance you mention is neither how it works to diminish sweating...

gg1101

A panoxyl bar is this (from the first place I see it when I do a froogle search):

http://hocks.com/Merchant2/merchant...L3Uq/F3m9ZSnGpuwnNfTn9Is0kUaMHjAf/UPSGvjYFQpp

From the site:

PanOxyl Bar Benzoyl Peroxide 10% Therapeutic Wash, Acne Treament, Regular Strength.

Indications
For the management of acne. PanOxyl Bar helps clear up existing acne blemishes and helps prevent the development of new acne pimples, blackheads and whiteheads.

Directions
Using warm water, wash the affected areas for one to two minutes. Rinse lather off thoroughly. Pat dry with clean towel. Because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to two or three times daily if needed or as directed by a physician. If bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day.

Ingredients
10% Benzoyl Peroxide. Also Contains: Cetostearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Corn Starch, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Mineral Oil, PED-14M, Silicon Dioxide, Sodium Potassium Lauryl Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide, Water.

Warnings
For external use only. Using other topical acne medications at the same time or immediately following use of this product may increase dryness or irritation of the skin. If this occurs, only one medication should be used unless directed by a physician. Do not use this medication if you have very sensitive skin or if you are sensitive to benzoyl peroxide. This product may cause irritation, characterized by redness, burning, itching, peeling, or possible swelling. Mild irritation may be reduced by using the product less frequently or in a lower concentration. If irritation becomes severe, discontinue use; if irritation still continues, consult a physician. Keep away from eyes, lips, and mouth. In case of accidental ingestion, seek professional assistance or contact a Poison Control Center immediately. AVOID CONTACT WITH HAIR, FABRICS OR CARPETING AS BENZOYL PEROXIDE WILL CAUSE BLEACHING. Keep this and all medication out of the reach of children."

sadday

I don't think this will have any affect on sweating.

Benzoyl Peroxide works to kill bacteria and stop the formation of bacteria that clogs your skins pores. This decreases the amount of oil that gets trapped in your pores and as such treats and prevents acne. It dries the skin out only at the surface layer.

Sweating is less oil and more water and comes from other glands deeper in the skin or something like that.