Interview tips *eeeek*

black_mamba

So, I live next to this theme park you see. I'm a massive theme park addict, so every year I apply to work there.

I've had two interviews with them already. No luck. Some of their workers keep dropping out and they start phoning me asking if I'd like to be re-interviewed to fill the gaps.

I've been assessed for the que monitoring/ride operating position. Guess I wasn't outgoing enough. Then the ticket sales person position, maybe I shouldn't have said I don't like to be pushy with customers. Maybe I shouldn't have even turned up on my dirty motorbike. :?

Now I've got another interview with photography (I guess they mean those guys who sell you pictures of you screaming on the rides themselves).

So! How should I modify my personality to get the job? Because being myself does not work. :D

Chilling__Echo

lol that's quite a list, hmmm... well, i just figure out what is best for the company and spit out BS. ask about their policies and whatever they are looking for in a person, you should be. then when the interview is over just do what you can to keep your job :lol: i've recently been asked questions like "describe your worst customer" or "what if any problem have you had with cooworkers and how did you solve it?" . answer in a way that highlights your good work ethic like "i was the only one working but kept my mouth shut" . that's all i know, if they haven't hired you yet they sound kind of picky :? :?: so i dunno if any of that helped

black_mamba

Yeah thats good advice. They're part of a much bigger international tourist company so they've a right to be picky. Plus in England there only a handful of theme parks, so with all the applicants they get it must be easy to weed out the anti-social types and choose people less likely to waste their time and money.

Doh. 8O

GettingThere

You certainly seem to be intelligent enough so I assume that your problem with facing interviews.

My advice would be in respect to your attitude. It makes a huge difference. The approach which I have found to be most effective is to convince yourself that you have absolutely nothing to lose and lots to gain. That attitude seems to take away an awful lot of pressure (well it does for me at least) and lets you be more like your true self.

black_mamba

Very true, and I know that method works. However having tried it with this particular company twice already it's time for some Academy award winning acting on my part. :D

I was actually planning on posting some questions they always ask me so I could get some pointers. Here are the ones I can remember:

Can you tell me about a time when you recieved good customer service?

Tell me about a particular incident in which you delivered good customer service and why?

What do you think would be an example of poor customer service?

It's on Friday. I can't wait to get inside the park. (Gonna try and blag a go on a rollercoaster whilst I'm there).

Also, my mum just advised me to play on the fact that this will be my 3rd interview and so I'm obviously very keen on working there. How can I convey this without sounding obsessive? 8O

black_mamba

The sneaky devils;

They asked me three simple questions...

What are your hobbies

What makes you laugh?

& why should we hire you?

The subtle clue was in the very long introduction I was given about the job, in that its VERY MUCH SALES JOB. God damn. I tried to answer as honestly as possible but ideally I should've twisted everything to make me sound like a pushy money grabbing go-getting loud mouth right?

:roll: