Ionto - Water temperature

thinswheat

Hi

I recently purchased a hidrex 1000, and was wondering why all iontophoresis devices recommend using warm water instead of cool water. Also, I have tried ionto with a spray of odaban in each tray for a week. Has anyone else tried this kind of method of using aluminum chloride based antiperspirant in the water ?

ukchick

Good luck with the Hidrex,I've had excellent results without adding anything to the water. I do a maintenance treatment every 3 weeks on my feet. So amazing wearing whatever footwear I want.
My daughter didn't have success for her hand sweating and we are waiting to collect Robinul powder to add to the water.
Will let you know how that goes...

hyp-hi

I prefer to use cold water because I find that it makes the skin wrinkle less and also numbs the stinging sensation.

Sprawling

UKchick, Is the Robinul powder helping your daughter?

What I find it interesting is that your local tap water treatments help you, but not your daughter. This goes to show that there is more than just water quality that makes the treatment work. 2 people in the same family, treating with the same machine, same water, yet different results. I bet their have been zero ionto studies involving this scenario.

Jezza

I use warm water, as warm as possible. I don't know if it works better, but I feel it's more comfortable that way. I have to do treatments at least every other day to have acceptable dryness, and the initial period cost me a little over three weeks to achieve dryness (this had caused me to quit once before, cause the manual says 10 days but I had almost no result after 10 days).

I have an Idromed 4. I start with both feet in a custom tray (custom so feet are totally immersed) on the plus pole and just one of my hands in very shallow hot water (just enough to compeltely cover the metal plate) on the negative pole for 15min @ 15mA. Then after, I fill the hand tray to just immerse my fingers completely with the rest of the hot water I keep around in a water boiler (no boiled though!!!), switch polarities and again do 15m @ 15 mA.

I do it this way because the positive pole does all the work in terms of achieving dryness, while the negative pole is significantly more uncomfortable (felt moreso on hands). In fact in the initial period I finally achieved hand dryness by only doing hands on the positive pole and feet on the negative pole (my hands eventually got dry, while my feet didn't).