Iontophoresis and lotion?

ysh

To all you Iontophoresis user, do you use lotion in order to prevent your skin from becoming too dry? I have been doing treatments for about a month now and I am using lotion after treatments and it doesn't seem to have any affect on the result. My hands and feet are not sweating even if I am using lotion to add some moisture.

Before doing treatments I never used any lotion, cause my hands and feet were always soaked anyway. Now I am using it cause I heard that the skin can easily crack otherwise as it lose the flexibility when becoming too dry. Was a bit nervous at first when starting with lotion as earlier it was totally out of the question to add moisture too my hands and feet, cause I was really struggling to keep them dry.

Sprawling

I will sometimes use lotion on my hands after ionto, yet most times i don't. I'm probably a little paranoid of the lotion making my hands feel moist. I guess after many years of living with dripping hands, I like the feeling of my hands being really dry. I'm not advocating that I'm being smart about it, and I do not like when I develop little cracks.

ysh

I have been using lotion now for a week and my hands and feet are still dry, so as for now it seems like it doesn't interfere with the treatment. I never use lotion prior to treatment though, as I heard that it builds up the resistance to the current. So immediately after treatment, in the morning (I do treatments in the evening) or anytime during the days I do not use ionto.

But I agree with you, I do feel a bit paranoid about it cause I don't want this dryness to go away. I will experiement for some more and then report back after some more time has passed.

Btw, I go swimming about once a week and it doesn't seem to have any negative effect either. Not sitting in the sauna, steam room or whirlpool (bubblepool?) either. So far so good, ionto is still doing it's magic.

woofytalk

With regard to your comment on not using lotion BEFORE a treatment. One thing I do is apply vaseline at the water line on my hands to prevent irritation. If you're experiencing dryness, you may want to speak with your dermatologist or treatment center about spacing your sessions further apart.

In terms of lotion, I highly recommend you use Aquaphor on your hands at night before you go to bed. It will repair the cracked, irritated skin and can be bought at most drugstores.