iontophoresis devices

blur

hello i've been undergoing iontophoresis for the last couple of months at my local hospital. I'm now interested in buying a device for home use since i find it a good temporary relief for my HH. As I'm based in singapore, my local hospital only stocks the drionic device. I'm considering the idrostar by i2m (from http://www.transpiration.biz) or idromed 4 GS (from www.hybec.com/hospital/Idromed4.htm). Is there any difference in effectiveness between these 2 models? And are any of you aware of any local distributors in Asia. Thanks for reading!

HH

I use the idromed 4 GS and its very good, but I think the idrostar is very good as well. The only difference is the idrostar is battery powered and the idromed has a plug (you might need some kind of converter for this). DO NOT buy a drionic device, if you have been using one at hospital then a idrostar or idromed will give you even better results as they treat the whole of your hands.

phuonganh

I'm in Vietnam and I have tried to order an Idrostar on the transpiration.biz site and unfortunately it hadn't worked out. Weirdly, they do not accept our credit card even though we have used the same card to order books from amazon.com without any troubles. And then they wouldn't accept payment in cash either even though the site stated that payment in cash was possible, you only have to pay an extra 15 euros. So now I have to ask an acquaintance in France to order it for me, then send it back to Vietnam.

If you order an Idrostar on this site, I hope you have better luck.

blur

ok thanks for all your advice! yep i'm thinking of getting from transpiration.biz if possible since the idrostar is on offer there now.

bukitimah

Dear Blur,

I am also in Singapore. I didn't know our hospital carry Drionic. I suffer from HH for more than 50 years and SGH wants to do a surgery for me which I back out at the very last minute due to side effect.

I am now using my own home made ionto machine and it stop my sweating for a good 6 days after each 'treatment'. So far, it cannot cure and you need repeated treatment every 6 days.

Hope you find your solution.

blur

hey it's interesting that you've got a working machine. Yep, it's available at the National Skin Centre. The NSC also has got treatment on site with another type of machine that you can use glycopyrronium.