Iontophoresis, does it work long term?

Raivic

I've made my own homemade Iontophoresis machine to treat my palmar HH, using that popular youtube video. It was very easy to put together, and I did my first treatment today.

It wasn't bad, or unbearable, but it was uncomfortable; it made my hands itchy. I'm using 3 6v batteries, so I'm at 18v.

(I bought all this stuff for 15 dollars at walmart, so I was pretty happy about that.)

After the first treatment, my hands were dry for about 30 minutes afterward; the sweating has returned, but and it has definitely improved from what I can tell.

I'm going to try doing this everyday for a week, for 10 to 15 minutes at each polarity.

Hopefully I'll continue seeing improvements

But my question to those of you that have been using Ionto for a long time (over a year):
Have you felt that you are becoming immune?
Do you know of any side effects to using this treatment?
How often do you need to use your Ionto machine?(how long until the sweating returns?)

Vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjPTacmAi3o

Last edited:

Sprawling

I'm going on about 6 years of treatment. I have not noticed any long term side effects. I have not become immune, yet I do have to modify my treatment schedule during the heat of the summer. Everybody's treatment schedule is different. It's all about trial and error. As stated in the previous thread, my treatment is usually about 9-10 days. I use the Fischer Md-1A.

Sprawling

Every now and then I have finger tip sweating. It can take as long as a month or two to get them back under control. The last time this happened was due to me moving and the water I was using was not effective for treatment. I have had it over the years that the finger tips would just be resistant to treatment for no apparent reason and I would have to do multiple treatments just on the tips.

For the most part I would say my hands stay mostly dry, sometimes too dry. Other times, especially during the warmer months they might moisten up, yet nothing like before treatment when they would drip just by just thinking about it.

ysh

I have only been using my device for about a month, but it got my hands including fingertips dry. What I do for my fingertips is an extra treatment for 10 minutes for the fingertips alone after treatment for hand for 15 minutes. I use a lower current for the fingertips though due to a smaller area being treated.

I also looked at a few videos on Youtube after deciding to go for a retail device. I noticed one difference and it is that most people seem to put their hands directly on the metal surface (or perhaps floating treated areas?). I have heard that this could cause burns. The retail devices I know of use a sponge, plastic grid, towel or something else between your hands and the metal surface. My device came with towels and the treatment works fine even when you are not in direct contact with the metal surface.

Last edited:

Sprawling

I replaced the trays on my Md-1a, making them large enough to cover my entire hand, and part of the top of the foot. I use no aluminum other than a small piece that has contact with the water surface. I use a wash cloth under my feet. Seems to work fine for me.