Iontophoresis questions

pinkie

What complaints do people have about it? Has it ever been completely ineffective for anyone? Does the body ever build up resistance to iontophoresis? What do you do for that 15-20 minutes?

beckiboo

personally, it worked well for me the first couple of months, then when it started coming back I panicked and didnt know which was the most effective way to do the treatments i.e one a day over 7 days or 7 treatments over a month etc, there are so many different theories on how to get the best results and I was desperately trying them all and I guess that messed it up. I havent done a treatment since November last year but with summer now coming and im finding im sweating more (I have palmer and plantar) im going to start doing them again. I just need to know the best method and when to start 'topping up' treatments after the initial treatments when the sweating starts coming back....as for the 20 mins total I was sitting there..well I got pins and needles in my legs as I used to have to kneel at on the floor and balance the trays on the coffee table..I might choose somewhere more comfortable on the next attempt.
Let me know how you get on if you decide to try it. I think this can work if you get it right! good luck

oh yeah and use vaseline on any cuts as it will sting so bad if you dont! plus it seemed to cause prickly itchyness aswell, but I would put up with these side affects as when the results were good it was more than a fair trade

Last edited:

binhly2k2k

hey pinkie and beckiboo ive manage to connect 2 transformers making 24 V going to experiment and see if i can have iontophoresis in the bath tub. just dont know if i can put the positive and negative both in the water. iontophoresis is the best method. you have to wipe as much sweat sludge off as you can. will make a post later.